I5 2500k oc'd /w captain 240 RGB & my temps are @ 59c at 80% load is that good, or no??

ggjjnovoa

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
I need too know what temp[spoiler[/spoiler]s are considered too be seen as stable conditions I have 750wat wntec non modeul p8p67 asus LE & the i5 2500k lga1155 socket

Solution
That's rough. I have an i7-3770K and an i5-3570k and for many things the i7 is just a whole lot better, so that would be a really good upgrade. However, I also have an Asus p8z77-v LE and it's wimpy. Does the job with the i5, but much prefer the ability of my MSI Mpower Z77 (pretty much the same as the Gene).

The i5-2500k will work directly on the Gene, but the i7-3770K will need the latest bios on your p8p67 as it's a move from Sandy-Bridge to Ivy-Bridge. You'd get the most immediate use from the 3770k on your existing board as long as the OC was mediocre, you'll not be able to keep a good high OC stable though, the board isn't made for it. You'll not be able to really open up that i7 until you get the Gene.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Your post is messed up. But I'll say this. Run Prime95 version 26.6 and choose the small fft option. With liquid cooling the test should be run for at least 1/2 hour. If temps are @75°C or lower, you are good. If the cpu temp goes above 75°C, shut down the test, it's too much.

ggjjnovoa

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
Ok so i fixed my post i saw that also i have another quwstion so, i was gonna spend roughly 200 this friday on either the i7 3770k upgrade or the. Asus MAXIMUS V GENE which would be the best too upgrade too, please let me know i am STRICKLY a gamer, multimedia user, constant programs up. So ya i like the mob alot tho

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That's rough. I have an i7-3770K and an i5-3570k and for many things the i7 is just a whole lot better, so that would be a really good upgrade. However, I also have an Asus p8z77-v LE and it's wimpy. Does the job with the i5, but much prefer the ability of my MSI Mpower Z77 (pretty much the same as the Gene).

The i5-2500k will work directly on the Gene, but the i7-3770K will need the latest bios on your p8p67 as it's a move from Sandy-Bridge to Ivy-Bridge. You'd get the most immediate use from the 3770k on your existing board as long as the OC was mediocre, you'll not be able to keep a good high OC stable though, the board isn't made for it. You'll not be able to really open up that i7 until you get the Gene.

Solution

ggjjnovoa

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
Karadjgne, thank you I made up my mind I am gonna get the i7 out 3770k @ a later date & keep my NOTORIOUS I5 2500k for my gaming for now & work with the Asus maximums G Gene so it will be healthy upgrade then yes? I really hope so bc my mono is wimpy af also but HAS BEEN A GREAT BOARD NONE THE LESS But yea man I play My VR Aka Oculus Rift & the m9bo I have currently which is tha Asus P8P67 Le B3 revision of the the model types. But with that being said THE bandwidth on the back i/o has ONLY 2x 3.0 ports & none in the front of the m9bo except for 4x 2.0 ish ports & then 6gb data connector it's a high profile BOARD has been great too me for my pc needs & roughly is as of the same price as the Asus Maximus V Gene(REFURBISHED) WHICH is Estimated around $200.00-$180.00 USD. Once I sell.my old movo too my pc connections I will have really only paid roughly $85.00 USD for The ASUS Maximus V Gene, which in my opinion is a STUPID GREEEEEAT DEAL,& in my eyes you have too be memtally unstable not TOO SEE THE VALUE IN THIS UPGRADE Performance wise, & as well as the money saving aspects!!!! Please throw me some more feedback Kara. That was my ex gf's name btw lol fun faxts.