i5 2500k overclock

Sagexx

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
Hello friends I have just gotten my hands on a i5-2500k my mobo is P8 Z77-V LK.. 16GB ram.. and my cooler.. i actually forget what exact model it is but it should be more then suffice.. How do I go about overclocking.. I know I can look up guides but I'm wondering if theres any specific way I should be going about doing it with my particular mobo as there are many options in the bios setup.. lets assume I'm running stock air which I'm not.. how high can I go to and how do I go about doing it and then if that runs smooth I'm assuming I can raise the settings from there.

Solution
I googled 2500k overclocking guide and I put the info I found together and came up with the best solution for me. And due to that, my 2500k has been running at 4.4Ghz for almost 5 years. But that was over 4yrs ago and I don't know where it all went.

Just google it and try some out. Just make sure your voltage hits around a max of 1.35V, although I got mine at 1.38V . For older CPUs like ours it takes more tinkering but worth it.

snowctrl

Distinguished
Find a guide man there's stacks out there

Just don't put too much vCore through your CPU. Max safe for a 2500k is I think 1.35v so you could start by manually setting it to that and step up your clock speeds little by little (but watch your temps carefully)

I wouldn't bother BCLK overclocking with that CPU - more trouble than its worth

I googled 2500k overclocking guide and I put the info I found together and came up with the best solution for me. And due to that, my 2500k has been running at 4.4Ghz for almost 5 years. But that was over 4yrs ago and I don't know where it all went.

Just google it and try some out. Just make sure your voltage hits around a max of 1.35V, although I got mine at 1.38V . For older CPUs like ours it takes more tinkering but worth it.

Solution