Question I5 2500k

Aspiring techie

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
While you can physically replace it, I don't think it would be a good idea to upgrade to an i5 2500k. Your current CPU is rated at 35W thermal output while a 2500k is rated at 95W.
Your computer's CPU cooler cannot handle the 2500k's additional heat. It would quickly get overwhelmed when you do anything that loads the CPU.

Also, the system's power supply may not be able to handle the extra juice the 2500k would require. Prebuilt systems often go pretty cheap on the power supply and don't build in much extra headroom.

Mar 3, 2019
While you can physically replace it, I don't think it would be a good idea to upgrade to an i5 2500k. Your current CPU is rated at 35W thermal output while a 2500k is rated at 95W.
Your computer's CPU cooler cannot handle the 2500k's additional heat. It would quickly get overwhelmed when you do anything that loads the CPU.

Also, the system's power supply may not be able to handle the extra juice the 2500k would require. Prebuilt systems often go pretty cheap on the power supply and don't build in much extra headroom.
Ty for the reply any suggestions of getting the full potential out of this type of cpu

We have to know ALL concepts of the machine you have right now.
Every spec.
Mobo and PSU are the most important. Only once that is known can anyone say if you can use the upgraded CPU or not.

CPU-Z will give all the information about your machine/cpu/ram/mobo

but you have to physically look at the PSU and either take a photo or read what it says and put it in here.

Mar 3, 2019
We have to know ALL concepts of the machine you have right now.
Every spec.
Mobo and PSU are the most important. Only once that is known can anyone say if you can use the upgraded CPU or not.
Windows 10 Op
Cpu intel pentium G645T @2.5 ghz (9-9-9-24 )
Motherboard dell inc. OMTFWP (CPU )
GRAPHICS DELL 20 (1600x900@60hz )
Storage 931gb sata
Optical drives HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GT60N ATA DEVICE
AUDIO REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Mar 3, 2019
No the PSU is the big thing in your Computer - as I said - you need to either take a photo of it and post it or write down all the specifications.
The PSU is the thing which is attached to the cable in the wall for Electric
This is all in one cpu like a laptop but desktop dell inspiron one 2020

mgallo848

Commendable
It's an all in one PC with Laptop components. It doesn't have an internal power supply. It comes with a 130w power brick. Most likely there really isn't anything you can do to upgrade the CPU that would make any difference. The system also uses laptop memory DDR3 1333 - 1600 (8gb max / 4gb per stick)

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-one-20-2020-aio_reference guide_en-us.pdf

It MIGHT be possible to upgrade to an "T" version of an i5. They usually are about 35w. Your best bet is to contact Dell support and find out what CPU you could upgrade to. Honestly, by the time you spend the money and effort into doing this, it might just be wise to start thinking about a newer system (depending on what you're trying to use this PC for).

Edit: Don't look at 95w CPU's. They most likely will not work

Edit part 2: Looks like someone at Dell says an i5-2390T is about the max:
https://www.dell.com/community/Desk...piron-one-2020-processor-upgrade/td-p/4777422

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019
It an all in one PC with Laptop components. It doesn't have an internal power supply. It comes with a 130w power brick. Most likely there really isn't anything you can do to upgrade the CPU that would make any difference. The system also uses laptop memory DDR3 1333 - 1600 (8gb max / 4gb per stick)

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-one-20-2020-aio_reference guide_en-us.pdf

It MIGHT be possible to upgrade to an "T" version of an i5. They usually are about 35w. Your best bet is to contact Dell support and find out what CPU you could upgrade to. Honestly, by the time you spend the money and effort into doing this, it might just be wise to start thinking about a newer system (depending on what you're trying to use this PC for).

Edit: Don't look at 95w CPU's. They most likely will not work

Edit part 2: Looks like someone at Dell says an i5-2390T is about the max:
https://www.dell.com/community/Desk...piron-one-2020-processor-upgrade/td-p/4777422
Ty