[SOLVED] i5 3330 temp while gaming

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Core_Aurora

Prominent
Jun 12, 2020
Hi...I have a setup of i5 3330 with hd 7950 oc and 8gb of ram....games run quite well But I am facing a issue. While gaming (ETS 2) , CPU Temp reaches 73C(Ambient Temp 38C). I am using stock cpu cooler provided by intel.
Is it general ? If not, What is the solution ?

Last edited:
Solution
Just get the largest case you can possibly afford and which will still fit on your desk.

Good case brands are Antec, Corsair, CoolerMaster
Needlessly large cases are a waste of space, metal and money. Something like the Antec 300v1/v2 (I own one of each) has plenty of space to fit an ATX motherboard and all of the hardware a remotely normal home user could possibly need with a fair amount of space to work in. Two good front intake fans to make good use of the dust filter is all the case fans a typical PC really needs and the intake filter adds 100X more airflow resistance than any severely botched cable management job short of deliberately putting a wall of wiring directly behind the fan ever will. The only reason I include a...

InvalidError

Titan
Just get the largest case you can possibly afford and which will still fit on your desk.

Good case brands are Antec, Corsair, CoolerMaster
Needlessly large cases are a waste of space, metal and money. Something like the Antec 300v1/v2 (I own one of each) has plenty of space to fit an ATX motherboard and all of the hardware a remotely normal home user could possibly need with a fair amount of space to work in. Two good front intake fans to make good use of the dust filter is all the case fans a typical PC really needs and the intake filter adds 100X more airflow resistance than any severely botched cable management job short of deliberately putting a wall of wiring directly behind the fan ever will. The only reason I include a rear exhaust fan in my PCs is as a backup in case either of the front fans fail and I run that one at the lowest speed possible.

There is no need to get particularly fancy until you get into enthusiast/HEDT/overclocking territory.

Solution