i5-3350P 3.10GHz I Can I...?

MrDenz

Commendable
May 21, 2016
Hello everyone.

In past few months I've been working on my YouTube channel which is growing so I decide now it is time for investments (sorry for my English, not main language).

The problem here is that I dont know too much about "inside computers" :)
So I hope you guys can help me out here so I can stop banging my head to wall...

I have i5-3350P 3.10GHz, 64 bit OS, 8 gb of ram memory, windows 8 (if you need anything else let me know)...

Now I am lookin for new graphic card and I have 2 option so far, Radeon R9 390 8GB 512bit - R9 390 GAMING 8G or GeForce GTX 780 3GB.
To be honest this is what makes me so nervous as I am not sure, do I need whole new procesor or not to be able to run this?
Also, I wanna add 8GB ram memory more (8+8).

My budget is 900 euros, so I was thinking

1. New graphic card
2. Ram memory
3. Mic (yeti)
4. Other stuff...

I hope I did explain this ok so you guys can understand it, if you need anything just let me know.
Thank you in advance for any answers.

Solution
Any of those graphics cards will work fine with that processor.

That said the GTX 780 is fairly old and has low DirectX 12 support, the R9 390 is generally just as fast or faster, more memory which newer games will be needing, and has far better support for DirectX 12 which is the future of gaming.

If you want to add memory as well (which is a good idea) , make sure o only buy the EXACT same memory as you have. An even better choice would be to replace the memory you have with a new 16gb kit (with 2 new 8gb DIMMs). This is because memory can be very finicky and mixed memory modules sometimes do not work right together.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Any of those graphics cards will work fine with that processor.

That said the GTX 780 is fairly old and has low DirectX 12 support, the R9 390 is generally just as fast or faster, more memory which newer games will be needing, and has far better support for DirectX 12 which is the future of gaming.

If you want to add memory as well (which is a good idea) , make sure o only buy the EXACT same memory as you have. An even better choice would be to replace the memory you have with a new 16gb kit (with 2 new 8gb DIMMs). This is because memory can be very finicky and mixed memory modules sometimes do not work right together.

Solution

MrDenz

Commendable
May 21, 2016
Thank you very much for your answer.

As I said I really dont know much about computer inside, which is pain in a&& to be honest when it comes to this point.
Trying to upgrade your own computer + I am not from, to say "big country", and most shops doesnt have even blue yeti mic for example, to not talk about other things like new graphics + for example in USA price is $300 here is 500 to 600e for this graphic card if I saw it corectly.

Anyway, I wish you can add one more comment for me, this is what I have right now...

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3350P 3.10GHz
Motherboard - ASRock B75M-GL R2.0
Memory - 8GB DDR3 (2x4gb)
Graphic - Nvidia GeForce GTX 560

What is the max I can run and to get like, solid performance in fps and other things as I will live stream and other things almost every day, editing, youtube etc etc...
Is my motherboard strong or good enough to run 16GB ram + new graphic card?

Thank you in advance.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Unfortunately the max you can run can't be determined by a guess, however they are a good match. the R9 390 can deliver 60 fps in most 1080p games, and the processor will not hold you back. Obviously it depends on the game to be sure, but most games can be run on high.

And yes the motherboard is perfectly fine to run both

Which country are you from? There are many online retailers that ship across Europe that will probably be able to offer you better prices than local shops.

If you are planning to livestream, an nVidia video card has an advantage because it can take the work off of your CPU. However, a 780Ti is slower than a Radeon 390. If you can find it, a GTX 970 would probably be a better choice, because it has updated features, runs cooler, and is more competitive with a 390 in performance.

If you get a Radeon 390, you will almost certainly need a new power supply, as it's a very power hungry video card. What power supply do you currently have?

MrDenz

Commendable
May 21, 2016
Thanks a lot guys.

I am from Serbia, and to just give an example ...
GeForce GTX 970 4GB - $300+ (newegg)
GeForce GTX 970 4GB - My country - From 400e - $454 up to 500e - $568!
You can see it right here - http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/msi-geforce-gtx-970-4gb-gddr5-gtx-970-gaming-4g/comp_comp_vga/24/3962

I mean, it's ridiculous...

As I said, my budget is 900e and I guess I can get what I want and that is not getting a new computer, I can upgrade this once, that's what I wanted to hear.
So, I'll take a look more about shiping to my country and how much it's gonna cost me.

And for games, I would play mostly car games, project cars, formula 1 etc etc and dayz standalone, plus I will add some more I guess how time goes.
Dayz SA is still in alpha stage and it's not finished game, anyone who has even played this game know how FPS can be hard in this game, so to add on everything, I am looking also for graphic card that will not give me some full extra look of the game, but only to work properly and to have at least 70% of good fps.