i5 3470 Build in late 2018

Aug 8, 2018
Hi,
I found a pretty decent deal on an i5 3470. Should this build be viable and are there any major disadvantages for it? This is just for temporary gaming until a new gen of gpu and cpu appears. The games that I want to play: pubg medium 1080p, csgo.
i5 3470
H61 motherboard
1050ti Strix
ssd 120gb
hdd 1tb
Thanks in advance

Solution
PUBG might struggle a bit since its not a very well optimized game, but most ESports should do fine. If you can pick up everything else used (except the PSU, buy a new cheap quality one) it shoudl be a decent low end computer.
Aug 8, 2018

Thanks for the answer, would pubg on lowest 1080p be possible at 60fps, and also would 16gb of ram reduce the amount of stutter (1% and .1%)?

You should be fine on low to med settings I think. I just search youtube for your build and pubg and people are getting 50-80 fps.

As far as RAM, I dont know, tha'ts more for a PUBG forum and see what people say. Not sure if youll use that much RAM on lower settings so 16GB may be a waste. Whatever RAM you do get I would try and find it in a dual channel kit.

as gaming rig, I5 3470 is still ok as long as your GPU is is good. 1050Ti is ok too.
You need to have 16GB RAM (but 8 GB is still ok, I would get 16GB tho'.) and SSD to make your rig complete.

PUBG is not a good example to judge a rig but PUBG is getting better after each patch.
CSGO is quite light weight, you should not have a big issue.