[SOLVED] I5 3470 compatible with Intel DQ67SW motherboard?

boysomee

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
As the question says, I'm looking for a motherboard for an I5 3470 3.2GHz and wondering if Intel DQ67SW will be compatible with it ?

Solution
I checked some more and it seems that the motherboard might not be compatible with 3rd gen intel cpus,only 2nd gen ar best,but just wanna make sure this is true
and if that motherboard wont work,my other choice would be a
MSI H61M-P31(G3)
on this one i'm certain it will be compatible

You can try the intel board, the worst it will do is just not boot. The MSI you will have to make sure your on Bios 7788V24. That chipset was made for the 2xxx series cpu so will need a bios update to run the 3xxx series cpu.

boysomee

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
Per the socket it will fit, Im not sure if it will work on the current bios you're on. Looks like Intel stopped support of the board and any downloads as well so updating the bios will hard.
I checked some more and it seems that the motherboard might not be compatible with 3rd gen intel cpus,only 2nd gen at best,but just wanna make sure this is true
MSI H61M-P31(G3)

Last edited:
I checked some more and it seems that the motherboard might not be compatible with 3rd gen intel cpus,only 2nd gen ar best,but just wanna make sure this is true
MSI H61M-P31(G3)

You can try the intel board, the worst it will do is just not boot. The MSI you will have to make sure your on Bios 7788V24. That chipset was made for the 2xxx series cpu so will need a bios update to run the 3xxx series cpu.

Solution