[SOLVED] I5 3470t vs AMD 3020e

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
Hi guys.
Just a question that probably for most of you will be easy to explain but as I want to learn even more, I leave here the question.
I have compared in CPU-Z in bench CPU both CPU I5 3470t and AMD 3020e.
Intel have 2 cores 4 threads a boost of 3.6Ghz and a base clock of 2.9Ghz, 22nm, while the AMD 3020e have 2 cores and 2 threads with a 2.6Ghz boost and 1.2Ghz base clock, 14nm.
So my question is, when I bench both CPU's in sigle core they have both the same result of 300 and in multi the difference is not that big, I5 gives 700 and the AMD gives 550.
Why the difference is none in sigle core and not much at multi, regarding the different specs?

Thanks

Solution
Other than being different architectures not sure what answer you want. Just tells me the newer amd cpu has higher ipc than the Intel. Probably uses less power doing it too. That is what new designs and a process node will do.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Other than being different architectures not sure what answer you want. Just tells me the newer amd cpu has higher ipc than the Intel. Probably uses less power doing it too. That is what new designs and a process node will do.

Reactions: LeviTech
Solution