[SOLVED] i5-4590 temperatures

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
my i5-4590 idle temps are around 45-50C(CPU Usage 3-5%) and tried prime95 and it went to 108C in like 2 mins then i stopped the stress test.
When gaming it goes up to 85C
I use a stock cooler, I live in India the room temp is 35C approx

Are my CPU temps normal(I don't think so)

Solution
Being as you are based in India and your ambient room temperature is 35 degrees, and you are using the stock cooler, I would say that is normal.
Ultimately, the CPU should be kept under 85 degrees, but ideally below 80 degrees. Even if the thermal throttle limit is higher than this.

Remember "normal" ambient temperature is usually around 22 degrees, so for every degree you are over this, you'll be a degree hotter under load.
So an example based on your temps:
Room temperature = 22 degrees
Load Temperature Delta = +50 degrees

Final Temperature = 72 degrees.

In your case however:
Room temperature = 35 degrees

Final temperature = 85 degrees.

Suddenly it just...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Being as you are based in India and your ambient room temperature is 35 degrees, and you are using the stock cooler, I would say that is normal.
Ultimately, the CPU should be kept under 85 degrees, but ideally below 80 degrees. Even if the thermal throttle limit is higher than this.

Remember "normal" ambient temperature is usually around 22 degrees, so for every degree you are over this, you'll be a degree hotter under load.

In your case however:

Suddenly it just being in a hotter room , you're now reaching much higher, unrecommended temperatures. Quoting the Intel Temp Guide:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.
Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

The Intel stock coolers are pretty poor overall, especially for hotter countries. I suspect if you replaced it with a third party cooler you'd see better temps, but ultimately, your ambient temperature will always have an impact.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arun05
Solution

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013

In your case however:

Suddenly it just being in a hotter room , you're not reaching much higher, unrecommended temperatures. Quoting the Intel Temp Guide:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.
Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

The Intel stock coolers are pretty poor overall, especially for hotter countries. I suspect if you replaced it with a third party cooler you'd see better temps, but ultimately, your ambient temperature will always have an impact.
Thank you so much :)

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
Finally got the Snowman M-T6 Non-RGB Dual 120mm fan after checkout review form TechYesaCity and it works great hope it works great for years to come
i5-4590
Stock Cooler - idle temps (CPU Usage 3-5%)
45-50C
prime95 -108C in 2 mins

M-T6 Non-RGB- idle temps (CPU Usage 3-5%)
34-38C
prime95 -66-72C after 20 mins

I think it's worth spending the 20-25 USD(Depends on offers and coupons I got it for 20USD) on it.