Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
idle: 36-40C
Load: 58-61 (Witcher 3, GTA 5)
Temp outside: 33C
Are these normal temperatures?
Stock cooler

Solution
Tcase is the temperature of the top of the heatspreader, for which there is no sensor, and thus no way to measure. OP is measuring core temperature, for which the maximum value is 100c. 61c is a very safe and reasonable temperature for an Intel CPU to run at.

Kian Palmer

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
Although the temperatures are higher than normal it is still not a problem.

The i5-6500 has a maximum temperature of about 95-100C which means that you are still several degrees away from running into issues with thermal throttling.

If you are on the stock cooler I would highly recommend upgrading to something else, such as a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, assuming you do not want to spend too much on a cooling solution

Very good product, will make sure CPU temperature never gets too hot

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

Tcase is largely irrelevant. The important number is junction temp (Tj)/core temp. I believe max core temp for modern intel CPUs is around 95-100 C, which is where thermal throttling kicks in. Staying less than 80 C is typically regarded as safe for regular use. So he's fine.

Tcase is the temperature of the top of the heatspreader, for which there is no sensor, and thus no way to measure. OP is measuring core temperature, for which the maximum value is 100c. 61c is a very safe and reasonable temperature for an Intel CPU to run at.

Solution