i5 7400 benchmark low score

frast666

Reputable
Dec 25, 2017
Hello. I played some battlefield 5 recently and saw that my cpu have 90%-100% all the time. I thought that I should check performance of my i5 7400 in some benchmark. I used cinbench r15, stared my windows 10 with safe boot with networking and did test.
I got 508 points.
My google research showed that this CPU got about 552 points in people's benchmarks.
Is that difference ok, or is there something wrong with my hardware, operating system?
My cpu temps: 40-45.
Motherboard: MSI B250 KRAIT GAMING (MS-7A68)

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
You might look and see if turbo boost is disabled, and ensure all power settings in windows are to performance not balanced or power saving. That score looks like it might be stock speeds. Also check temps running cinebench I'll assume those temps are idle

frast666

Reputable
Dec 25, 2017
Wow, thank you for so many responses.
Turbo boost is enabled and power settings are maxed out
GYvIEVK.png

Temps without benchmark:
orstA0D.png

Temps while benchmark is running:
f2ElQrz.png

Screenshots made in normal mode, not in safe boot (SpeedFan had problems with safe boot, but if this is necessary I will handle that with other application)

Usage of CPU in boot mode is 0% - 5%, 100% while benchmark is running

I just want to be sure if my CPU works correctly and that I get its full performance. I can also boot linux (ubuntu) from usb and run some other benchmark (cinbench is not available for linux) to compare results.