[SOLVED] I5-7600K clocking

Jun 17, 2020
Hey guys!

I'm a beginner in clocking and I want to clock my I5-7600K.
What's a safe 24/7 voltage for 4.8GHz? Should I clock higher than 4.8? And can someone tell me how much should the cache ratio be?
I'm using an ASUS PRIME Z270-A motherboard and for cooling I use a Cooler Master H212 Evo.

Solution
Maximum everyday safe voltage is generally considered to be about 1.35 volts for Intel's 14nm process node. Also what they give as the maximum for memory controller voltage.

4.8Ghz is doable, if you can get higher, not reason not to.

Another general rule of thumb is to try and keep the cache speed within 500Mhz of the target clock speed, though you don't actually have to follow that.

212 Evo might not be enough for 1.35 volts, you would want to test that and try to keep the CPU temps under 90C or so.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Maximum everyday safe voltage is generally considered to be about 1.35 volts for Intel's 14nm process node. Also what they give as the maximum for memory controller voltage.

4.8Ghz is doable, if you can get higher, not reason not to.

Another general rule of thumb is to try and keep the cache speed within 500Mhz of the target clock speed, though you don't actually have to follow that.

212 Evo might not be enough for 1.35 volts, you would want to test that and try to keep the CPU temps under 90C or so.

Solution