i5 8600k 5ghz overclocking help

Dec 16, 2018
Ive had this cpu for a long time, decided to start overclocking it, got it stable (in terms of crashing) but for the life of me i cant figure out why or where its throttling itself, im running prime95 blend stress test it sits at 5ghz for a bit 1-2mins then starts to slowly throttle itself all the way to 4ghz then goes back up to ~4.5gz (jumping between that an 4ghz) the longer the test goes, cpu temps on 100% load are high 50s to mid 60s i have a h100i heatsink, and ive tried upping the voltage to 1.350v but doesnt sit there for long, currently still running and with cpuz its telling me my cpu voltage is 1.112 im running a mis z370 a pro motherboard

Solution
With an AIO cooler, the VRMs on the motherboard could be causing the throttling. Open the side panel of the case a point a desk fan at the motherboard. That will eliminate VRM overheating.
Dec 16, 2018

couldnt get ahold of a small fan but even the larger ones i have when pointed at my case made it sit around 4.6ghz a bit more consistently so i think that is whats throttling it, ty