i5 8600k - Temp fluctuations?

quadrax

Honorable
Feb 5, 2018
Hello all.

Few weeks ago i just decided to delid my CPU (everything works flawlessly so far) and i after use of Grizzly Conductonaut again relidded CPU and started "playing" with temps. It was before, and is still same from start even after few weeks. Core Temp (or other monitoring software) shows little fluctuations between the temperature of Cores in load (FFT / AVX / other tests). Difference is about between 4 (coldest) and 6 (warmest) temp of celsius. Is this OK ? I think there is some tolerance in fluctuations between Cores, but i am not sure about Coffee Lake. Before delidding i had about 2c difference between cores, but also worse temperatures at all.

Do you think is this OK ? It's like every 2nd core, doing this, so it's like 0 - 1 (higher) 2- 3 (higher) 4 - 5 (higher) 6. But i must say everything works flawlessly. It's not problem for me to re delid it again, if it's problem. But never seen any BSOD / Temp difference more than 6 or 7°c maximum between the cores.

Thanks for reply guys.:)

Solution
Remember that the tjmax for the 8600K is around 100c.
That is the point at which the cpu will throttle or shut down to prevent damage.
You are miles away from that point and are not likely to come close even under heavy load.
If you overclock more, your vcore must rise to support the higher multiplier and it is the vcore that raises temperature.
You will run out of safe vcore before you run into thermal limits.

quadrax

Honorable
Feb 5, 2018
Okay. Thanks for the answer. I thought its ok, but really want to be sure. Because "before" delid, there was just about 2c difference. So maybe is lesser conductonaut on cpu die itself, than should be. But to be honest, it's doing nothing. The reason why i delided was primarly because of higher temperatures. (60°C with Small FFTs AVX test, 1.200 vCore, LLC : Auto, Scythe Ninja 4) now it's approximately 6-8°C per core less than before..

Remember that the tjmax for the 8600K is around 100c.
That is the point at which the cpu will throttle or shut down to prevent damage.
You are miles away from that point and are not likely to come close even under heavy load.
If you overclock more, your vcore must rise to support the higher multiplier and it is the vcore that raises temperature.
You will run out of safe vcore before you run into thermal limits.

Solution