[SOLVED] I5-9400f cause(?) whea_uncorrectable_error

HellWaker

Reputable
Mar 27, 2020
Heyhey everyone. A desperate question here. I just bought a new rig two days ago. Not some hardcore stuff, but enough to play with. It's a
Asus tuf H370 pro
Intel i5-9400f
16GB 2666MHz DDR4 RAM Kingston HyperX Fury
Nvidia 1060 turbo

Everything were fine, but then out of nothing, it got a bluescreen. And again... And again. After it somehow booted back to windows, yet after a hour or so it failed again, but this time looks like forever. The error is only a line:
whea uncorrectable error
If i leave it in the loop, it says something like "preparing for automatical repair" (at least in my language), but then it enters the blue screen again. If i try to use an usb to reinstall the system, it either tells me to take it out, then reboot, or loads into the same error. Tried to remove the ssd containing the windows and install it to an another, but same happens.
As mutch i found about it on the web, it's cpu related mostly, so i wrote there, but a friend told me, it can be the ram also.
Any idea what should i do? :(
One more thing:
Bios see everything, the cpu, the ram sticks, the vga, the storages. Also temperature, voltage and stuff. So i have no idea what happened :(

HellWaker

Reputable
Mar 27, 2020
Woah. So quick answers, thanks :>
Yeah, sadly it can't be the problem. Yesterday i updated to the latest bios version.
Also tried to take out the cpu, then back. Same with rams, just to a different pair of slots

HellWaker

Reputable
Mar 27, 2020
Poor wife went to sleep, and i forgot to write those down, and even that i'm unable to sleep now, i let her:/ But will post them, when morning comes (Here the time is 22 minutes after midnight).
But i checked the cpu in the bios, and it was really low. Arround 30C°. As for the GPU i'm not shure if i can see it from the bios.
The psu i were able to switch for a quick check. But both had the same outcome. A gigabyte p650b. Is it possible, that the psu damaged something? :C

HellWaker

Reputable
Mar 27, 2020
Yeah, it's on "disabled", so i guess they are running on factory profile.
But since i'm up, i checked on the temperature. Cpu is on 31°C, motherboard is on 24. Vga i found no info, but i switched from the 1060 to my wifes 1050, and the problem remains. Also tried both ram sticks alone. Problem remains always. So... I guess if the motherboard seems working (at least the bios) the problem most likely is the cpu?

HellWaker

Reputable
Mar 27, 2020
Ahhhhw. I did it. Thank you for everyone, who gave me advice, as you all made me find the solution.
The BIOS main page say there are no overclocking or anything, even the profilenis "balanced" or something, but... On the advanced page, both cpu and rams are on "auto", which i think made the motherboard think it can play with them freely. Set the cpu to keep normal, and the ram for 2666, and the booting went smoothly.
Thank you guys. I guess when i updated the bios, something changed, or reseted, which caused this problem.

Last edited by a moderator: