oxifem

Commendable
Dec 25, 2020
hi guys, i have a i5-9400f and a nvidia geforce 1650 videocard, i wanna know if i can connect dual monitor because i tried a lot of things
(going to bios and activating igpu not finding the option bc i5-9400 does not have internal graphic card)
i found a tutorial on youtube that says i can connect it with a usb 3.0 to vga adapter
second monitor keeps saying no signal detected, i tried all the youtube tutorials, nothing works feels bad
i wait for your answers thx

Solution
ummm i don't think so, it have only one hdmi, and the vga and dvi are on the top of the pc
Ok. For a moment there, I thought you had a fake gpu... moving on!

It does you no good to plug any display adapter into the motherboard - you bought a cpu with no iGPU.
You have to plug both monitors into the gpu.
That's the Gigabyte 1650 Mini ITX. It has 2 HDMI and 1 Displayport. You have to use those.

oxifem

Commendable
Dec 25, 2020
Where are you trying to connect the monitors, with what connectors? When you have a GPU that typically requires all monitors to run off it's outputs
main monitor is on the hdmi port and it's working fine and second monitor on vga port and not working, no signal, windows can't detect it

oxifem

Commendable
Dec 25, 2020
You can connect 2 monitors to the GTX 1650.
Intel SKUs with the F at the end denote 'no iGPU', so that wouldn't work.

While the F SKUs have been more affordable than the others, it's a little inconvenient not having the iGPU.
yeah but 2nd monitor not showing, 1 is conected on the hdmi port and 2nd on the vga port,
so, this means without bios settings i can't connect them?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
ummm i don't think so, it have only one hdmi, and the vga and dvi are on the top of the pc

It does you no good to plug any display adapter into the motherboard - you bought a cpu with no iGPU.
That's the Gigabyte 1650 Mini ITX. It has 2 HDMI and 1 Displayport. You have to use those.

Reactions: rgd1101
Solution

oxifem

Commendable
Dec 25, 2020

ok i figured out, thx to everyone who tried to help me <3