PC spec:

i5-9600k stock no OC
TUF z390 plus gaming
EVGA ultra gaming rtx2070super
NZXT X52 AIO cooler
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 3200MHz
EVGA 650W B3 PSU
apex legends is install at samsung 970 ssd

When im running apex legends at 1920*1080P with everything low setting. The temperature is running around 65~68c and cpu core speed is consisten stay at 4300mhz . My problem is when im in close combat gunfight the fps will drop from 144 to 125(I had used RivaTuner to cap at 144 before the cap the stutter problem is even worse) and cause stutter during the time cpu usage was around 85%~91% and GPU usage was only 55~65%.

I had just recently change the thermal paste, before that the tempeature is still running 65~68c when running apex legends and at Idle the temp is around 40~ 45c. The voltage core MAX is around 1.18~ 1.2.

Solution
Apex Legends is quite demanding even on low settings, mainly because A. You've got 60 players in one map and B. the draw distances are insanely massive so you're going to get frame dips when moving across the landscape.

And as said dropping GPU quality won't always make FPS go faster, what your doing is allowing the GPU to do less work, which in turn speeds up the frame rate but at the same time adds more load on the CPU.
Lowering in-game quality settings makes it easier for the GPU to render each frame, but the CPU still has to tell the GPU what to draw in each frame.

Might as well enjoy a little more eye candy as it likely won't affect your FPS much/at all.

Jul 6, 2020
Lowering in-game quality settings makes it easier for the GPU to render each frame, but the CPU still has to tell the GPU what to draw in each frame.

Might as well enjoy a little more eye candy as it likely won't affect your FPS much/at all.

Thank you!
I have set the texture streaming budget to 4GB should I increase to 8GB?
and should I max out the texture filtering to "Anisotropic 16x" ?

Jul 6, 2020
I would look at overclocking the cpu, it should hit 4.8GHz with ease and probably 5.0.

Thank you for the reply !
I have tried to oc the cpu to 4.6 and set vcore at 1.2 before however the temp hit around 73c when running AIDA stress test under 30 min duration. I also set the AIO pump speed as well not sure if that temp is consider normal.

Thank you for the reply !
I have tried to oc the cpu to 4.6 and set vcore at 1.2 before however the temp hit around 73c when running AIDA stress test under 30 min duration. I also set the AIO pump speed as well not sure if that temp is consider normal.
73c under a stress test is low and means you have more headroom. Try to stay under 80-85c under stress testing.

Reactions: tennis2
Jul 6, 2020
73c under a stress test is low and means you have more headroom. Try to stay under 80-85c under stress testing.

I had oc to 5.0 ghz @ 1.33 volt. running aida64 test for 30min got the highest temp around 80~82. When playing apex legends with only texture streaming budget set at 8gb I have seen temp raise up to 86c. Should I lower the voltage ? or lower the cpu core ratio? Thank you!

HWM
https://ibb.co/x3qzP8k
https://ibb.co/dJPd3Gz

Jul 6, 2020
Try lower voltage first then if not stable take 100mhz off the overclock.

I had tried to change the radiator fan placement and now when running apex legends temp is around mid 60 sometime spike up to 78 while that consider normal. I havent lower the core ratio and voltage yet.

Apex Legends is quite demanding even on low settings, mainly because A. You've got 60 players in one map and B. the draw distances are insanely massive so you're going to get frame dips when moving across the landscape.

And as said dropping GPU quality won't always make FPS go faster, what your doing is allowing the GPU to do less work, which in turn speeds up the frame rate but at the same time adds more load on the CPU.

Reactions: ek3c
Solution
Jul 6, 2020

Got it thank you!

I had noticed that the game will crash by itself can that be a sign of unstable overclock result?