[SOLVED] i7-10700 Temperatures with DeepCool Air Cooler

DroP90

Commendable
Aug 15, 2021
Hi, I bought this cooler for my CPU (i7-10700): DeepCool GAMMAXX 400 EX

I couldn't find much information but since those cheaper coolers from DeepCool are always recommended as value options I thought this one would be a little better and tame my CPU temps.

With Intel's cooler box I was getting 80º plus temps on various games. But after installing the new cooler I'm getting the feeling that something is off, the reasons being:

• I didn't saw considerable temperature drops, while playing BF 5 got ~77º and before it would be 83~85.
  • Sometimes there are spikes to 90º+ that I can't comprehend, like when I was closing BF 5 and getting back to desktop.
  • Idle temperatures are good but I still have random variations while at desktop (34 -> 45 -> 36 -> 52)...
  • Stress and Bench tests with CPU-Z got temps instantly to 100º

I'm wondering if the installation wasn't 100% correct or if I messed with thermal paste application, also on this subject, I applied this 4yo paste that I have from CM, did some research on expire date on thermal paste and saw that if correctly stored they don't expire. I applied a fat drop at the center and 4 thinner at the extremities.

Some pics:

Idle temperatures
i7-temps.png

A test that I wanted to make with the game I'm mostly playing lately. 1st with stock cooler
i7-temps-WH2-1.jpg

Now with the new DeepCool
i7-temps-WH2-2.jpg

So as you guys can see, there's some improvement but I'm still getting some spikes >80º and the stress test going to 100º got me worried.

DroP90

Commendable
Aug 15, 2021
Gammaxx 400 is excellent for 4core/4thread and ok with 4core/8thread cpus.
Your i7-10700 is 8core/16thread.
Your cpu needs a better cooler.
So this temps are expected and I don't need to reinstall the cooler, right?

My goal is the CPU to not reach 80º while gaming, tested some games and the one that got closer was BF 5 with ~77º