[SOLVED] I7-10700 WITH CORSAIR 600 T CASE ?

runf_40

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
I'll hopefully be moving to an i7-10700 with Rtx 3070 soon. Should I stick with the Corsair 600 T case that I've been using for the last 5 years or so?
https://www.corsair.com/.../Graphite-Series%E2.../p/CC600TM
Does it have any limitations with modern motherboards? I'm not sure which MB I'll be buying but I'm sure it will be middle of the road sub $200. The 600 T has been great, but it's really big and heavy.I get really confused about compatibility between MBs and cases. I don't think as well as I used to (really). Thanks.

Solution
There are 3 common motherboard sizes (going from biggest to smallest):

• ATX
  • Micro-ATX
  • Mini-ITX
(there are a few more like E-ATX and DTX, but those are not really that common)

Switching cases is completely up to you. If it's still in good shape and you like it, use it. If you want to move on, by getting something with windows or tempered glass, move on.

This case is an ATX case, so it will support ATX, Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX. I'd recommend an ATX motherboard because they are overall cheaper, and I personally think that Micro-ATX and especially Mini-ITX boards look a bit silly in ATX cases.

But if you want to go for a new case, you could go for Micro-ATX or Mini-ITX. They're considerably smaller, and lighter :)

My...

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
There are 3 common motherboard sizes (going from biggest to smallest):

• ATX
  • Micro-ATX
  • Mini-ITX
(there are a few more like E-ATX and DTX, but those are not really that common)

Switching cases is completely up to you. If it's still in good shape and you like it, use it. If you want to move on, by getting something with windows or tempered glass, move on.

This case is an ATX case, so it will support ATX, Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX. I'd recommend an ATX motherboard because they are overall cheaper, and I personally think that Micro-ATX and especially Mini-ITX boards look a bit silly in ATX cases.

But if you want to go for a new case, you could go for Micro-ATX or Mini-ITX. They're considerably smaller, and lighter :)

My last advice would be to dabble into AMD a bit more. I'm an Intel user to the bone, but I have to admit that AMD currently has some better CPU's on the market than Intel atm. If you're just as big of an Intel-fan as me, I'd take the launch of their 11th gen processors in perspective, and maybe wait for those to come out.

Solution