[SOLVED] i7-12700K vs i712700KF vs Integrated Graphics

Jul 16, 2022
So to put it simply, I've been thinking of getting either the K or the KF for my pc and read the only difference is 'integrated graphics'. Now I read about it and for the most part read that its mostly for pc's that don't run dedicated GPU's. While this seems like an open and shut case (because I enjoy gaming and will have a gpu) I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything important when making this choice for the KF. For example, having the integrated graphics feature for backup in case the main gpu dies or werewolves steal it. But I also read that integrated graphics are a bit messy to turn off and on.
Also I was looking at the F model and noticed the difference in core performance was 2.1ghz to 3.6ghz. Is that something to care about for heavy gaming?

So in other words, I'm just wondering about others opinions on this because most info I've found is pretty bland. Thanks!

Solution
If the iGPU is connected to a monitor it will be recognized by windows and it will install drivers for it and it will just be there quietly, you don't even need a second monitor as long as your monitor has a second input.
Pluses of an iGPU:
With a second monitor you can have each run at completely different Hz/FPS, doing that with a single GPU is hit and miss.
As already said if your PC crashes you have a second display to run task manager and shut down the stuck process instead of having to reboot.
If you want to stream or record gameplay at some point the iGPU can do that without any impact on the performance of the main GPU or your CPU.
You can have more monitors connected and have them run discord chats or youtube or whatever, again...

kanewolf

Titan
So to put it simply, I've been thinking of getting either the K or the KF for my pc and read the only difference is 'integrated graphics'. Now I read about it and for the most part read that its mostly for pc's that don't run dedicated GPU's. While this seems like an open and shut case (because I enjoy gaming and will have a gpu) I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything important when making this choice for the KF. For example, having the integrated graphics feature for backup in case the main gpu dies or werewolves steal it. But I also read that integrated graphics are a bit messy to turn off and on.
Also I was looking at the F model and noticed the difference in core performance was 2.1ghz to 3.6ghz. Is that something to care about for heavy gaming?

So in other words, I'm just wondering about others opinions on this because most info I've found is pretty bland. Thanks!
Having integrated graphics provides a fail safe way to attempt to boot if you have GPU problems. Some users will activate integrated graphics (motherboard video ports) in addition to a dedicated GPU to provide a diagnostic or auxiliary monitor.

Jul 16, 2022
Having integrated graphics provides a fail safe way to attempt to boot if you have GPU problems. Some users will activate integrated graphics (motherboard video ports) in addition to a dedicated GPU to provide a diagnostic or auxiliary monitor.

If GPU issues happen, do you activate the integrated graphics from the BIOs? Or do you have to have them turned on before the problem happens?
Does having the graphics turned on interfere with the actual GPU? Like cause it to lack in efficiency or something?

If the iGPU is connected to a monitor it will be recognized by windows and it will install drivers for it and it will just be there quietly, you don't even need a second monitor as long as your monitor has a second input.
Pluses of an iGPU:
With a second monitor you can have each run at completely different Hz/FPS, doing that with a single GPU is hit and miss.
As already said if your PC crashes you have a second display to run task manager and shut down the stuck process instead of having to reboot.
If you want to stream or record gameplay at some point the iGPU can do that without any impact on the performance of the main GPU or your CPU.
You can have more monitors connected and have them run discord chats or youtube or whatever, again with hardware acceleration from the iGPU for no impact on GPU/CPU.

Having both enabled does not have any negative impact on anything except for the few Mb the driver will use.

Solution