[SOLVED] I7-3930K Cooling Concerns/Solutions

MoonFartFlam

Honorable
Feb 21, 2017
I am using an I7-3930k (no overclock I think) with a corsair H60 cooler. I have in the past week, cleaned out the dust from the radiator and applied a new portion of Arctic silver 5 paste. The cooler and cpu have been used for ~6 years now. I have several case fans and two fans directly on the CPU radiator (with flow going the same direction out of the case).

The room temp is usually 18-19C. The CPU temps at idle (using RealTemp) are in the mid 40s. If I am running any task like CAD or games, the temps rise to high 70s. If I run Prime95, the temps skyrocket with one core being ~91 and the rest between 83-88. i can physically feel the radiator be warm on one line and relatively cool on the other line, indicating the pump still works somewhat.

I understand it being an old chip with high power consumption, but these temps still feel really high with a water cooler. If this is normal, i'd be really relieved to know so. If this is far too high, are there suggestions for how to remedy this? I don't plan on making a new system for at least another two years, so buying a new radiator is not out of the question. If I need to, I will prefer a liquid solution over a heatpipe or static solution.

Thanks for any help

MoonFartFlam

Honorable
Feb 21, 2017

As true as that is, I was not the one who chose the initial setup. I am however looking for solutions to what I think are high temps. Considering I have limited case space around the cpu, I need to go with a new liquid radiator?

MoonFartFlam

Honorable
Feb 21, 2017

The case is a Fractal Arc Midi Tower. The current configuration has a fan pulling air from the top and the H60 mounted on the rear.

MoonFartFlam

Honorable
Feb 21, 2017

Much appreciated. I'll look into that area to see what is affordable.

TRENDING THREADS