i7 3930k cooling

fastkiller23

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
guys i want to buy a new cpu cooler (CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO) i want to mention
that my cpu is on stock clocks and you already know with turbo boost will reach 3.8ghz so clocks will be 3.2-3.8ghz. i dont want to do overclock.i am gamer so i play a lot of heavy games.my case is haf 932 so i have a lot of space to work. i want to tell me if this cooler is good to keep my cpu uder 30c in idle and uder 50c in full load.i forgot to mention that i want to tell me your thoughts about the noise of this cooler!thank you for your time!!

dddez

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Yes, it will most likely idle under 30c. Can't guarantee a full-load temp under 50c as I have no idea how hot those chips get.

You might also want to take a look at Thermalright's True Spirit 120M BW rev.A. Same performance, but a bit cheaper. Oh, and VERY quiet.

thebadkarma

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Do keep in mind that the 212 evo is huge and may get in the way of ram. If you have all your ram slots filled, the ones closest to the cpu may not fit. Unless they are lowprofile. Depends on your motherboard but yeah. I just got ThermalTake NIC f3 cooler. Same price and it keeps my 4670 at 23c idle. nic stands for non INTERFERENCE cooler. So it's guaranteed to fit on just about any motherboard without getting in the way of other components.

TRENDING THREADS