Question i7-4771 turbo boost only 3.7ghz

Apr 12, 2020
I have an i7-4771 with an ASUS Maximus VI Gene motherboard. No matter what i do with MCE etc the clock speed of my processor will not reach higher then 3.7ghz in task manager and CPU-Z. In BIOs I am unable to change manual settings on BIOS version 1603. Any help would be greatly appreciated to reach the full turbo boost of 3.9Ghz.

PSU: Corsair RM650x
Processor: i7-4771
GPU: GTX1050Ti
RAM: 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance 1600mhz(with XMP enabled)
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Gene VI running BIOS version 1603.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020
Thanks for your reply. The temps are really good for all parts, the processor usually runs at around 45 degrees, the GTX1050Ti runs around 50 degrees when gaming - the PSU is pretty good too. It is a Corsair RM650x.

I have tried the auto core function, sync all cores function too, to no avail.

I have seen other people with the same motherboard and processor get the core clock speed to 3.9Ghz and I just cannot find a solution to it.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. The temps are really good for all parts, the processor usually runs at around 45 degrees, the GTX1050Ti runs around 50 degrees when gaming - the PSU is pretty good too. It is a Corsair RM650x.

I have tried the auto core function, sync all cores function too, to no avail.

I have seen other people with the same motherboard and processor get the core clock speed to 3.9Ghz and I just cannot find a solution to it.
Turbo boost on newer Core i Series CPUs, only boosts to the maximum advertised boost on one core and then drops per core depending on temperature and workload. If all cores are being used the frequency will level out until all CPU cores are at the same frequency, which should be between base and boost frequency. I believe you need a K series CPU to have each core run at maximum boost without overclocking. I don't think setting turbo boost to run maximum on all cores works on non-K series CPUs. My 4770S has a base of 3.1Ghz and max boost of 3.9Ghz on one core, but runs 3.5Ghz when all cores are being used.

Jun 29, 2020
flash bios with downgrade cpu microcode to rev. 7 it bring all core turbo boost

Untitled2319e2daec244955.jpg