i7 6700K Reachin 90 degrees celsius during Idle.

Jun 7, 2018
I just upgraded my processor from i5-6600 to i7-6700K. Now, the processor I used before, didn't reach 90 degrees in idle, it was stable at 40. I am using stock CPU cooler, and I am aware that I need to upgrade. But is stock CPU cooler that bad? That I get constant 90 degrees celsius?
Now I have not OC, I just got this processor.

Temps: https://gyazo.com/92b978d40cf54f94ab4a1532bf58fa22

Solution
CPU cooler is either not mounted correctly, there is no airflow through the case in sufficient quantity or the CPU fan is not running. Something is definitely wrong. I'd bet the cooler heatsink is not mounted correctly. Likely there is a problem with one corner not being down or something along those lines. Or you didn't use thermal paste between the heatsink and CPU lid. Or used too much. Something definitely not right.

You need to take it apart and figure out what. If you run it like that it will burn up in no time at all. Even at idle.

It's also possible that you didn't install the CPU correctly, bent something and a direct short is causing the CPU to overheat. That's a long shot though. Usually there will be other signs of a short...
CPU cooler is either not mounted correctly, there is no airflow through the case in sufficient quantity or the CPU fan is not running. Something is definitely wrong. I'd bet the cooler heatsink is not mounted correctly. Likely there is a problem with one corner not being down or something along those lines. Or you didn't use thermal paste between the heatsink and CPU lid. Or used too much. Something definitely not right.

You need to take it apart and figure out what. If you run it like that it will burn up in no time at all. Even at idle.

It's also possible that you didn't install the CPU correctly, bent something and a direct short is causing the CPU to overheat. That's a long shot though. Usually there will be other signs of a short if you bend pins.

Solution