Question i7 7700 problem

Alucard_ggz

Reputable
Jun 4, 2017
Hi all, i won't prolong this too much.

I have i7 7700 and it's stock cooler on Z170-K, im facing horific problem so anoying that makes me take my axe and split cpu in half.
Stock cooler is based on cpu usage and when ever i open some application cpu usage spikes to a 100% and goes down and ect so does the fan, but a fan is a bit cranky and it's more like I have a airplane in my case.

Is there a way to change my cpu fan speed to actuall temperature insted having it work based on cpu usage?
And if sensors are bad or such, what's the way to repair them? new mobo?

Alucard_ggz

Reputable
Jun 4, 2017
What are your actual CPU temperatures under a bit of load?

The fan speed is based on temp.

CPU Temperatures <-- Here is a photo // Stock cooler btw.

The temperatures varry from mid low to some 90sh degrees. The thing i noticed is when i stress test my cpu at a constant 100% load it's kinda "steady" and peacefull. But when i play games or browsing web etc., it goes into some spike mode that actually kinda overheat backplate, opposite side of motherboard, not the one when you open you case to see components but the other one. When i touch it it's hot.

Im 99% sure my cpu fan works based on my cpu load rather than my cpu temp. For example when i play Sims game, and there you have 3 speeds of time, normal; 2x; 4x; something like that, when it's on regular speed of game cpu fan works normal, as soon as i touch my 4x speed it goes into rambo mode like 100% speed, in a second and next second when i return it to normal speed cpu fan speed goes down instantly.

When i hold f5 for example, to refresh desktop it goes into 100% also and i doubt temperatures can go that quick and go down in same way. Hope you understand me, my English is horrible.

Thanks for answering mate. I appritite it.

Alucard_ggz

Reputable
Jun 4, 2017
Stock cooler for i7-7700 is not adequate. Get a different cpu cooler.

Cooler master Hyper 212 evo at least.

Will take asap somthing. I have to mention that as soon i start CPU Stress test temps on CoreTemp, CpuThermometer and other softwares that measure cpu temperatures goes instantly to 70sh degrees and vice versia when i turn it off. Im not sure if those temperatures readings are valid at all. Not trusting them.

TRENDING THREADS