[SOLVED] i7 7700K cores always sitting on max

Dec 29, 2018
Hey there new to PC builds so any help is appreciated, maybe silly q's but i had the computer built about a year ago and was running fine at a overclock of 4.6 not much at all, now that i updated bios last week and re did the overclock myself to 4.6 i'm having trouble understanding why i am getting on HWmonitor that my core clock speeds show all 4 cores sitting on at 4600 with nothing running in the background and 0% usage, shouldn't they idle on 800mhz only been like this since i updated bios, specs are -

User Benchmarks: Game 137%, Desk 132%, Work 101%
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K - 103.1%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080-Ti - 169.1%
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 250GB - 211.5%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2016) - 102.5%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2016) - 103.1%
RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - 94.4%
MBD: Asus MAXIMUS IX FORMULA

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13278585

Solution
hello there thanks i have tried so many things, and last night i was watching overclocking videos and they mentioned underclock so i started reading ip about that and found my solution was in power management in - Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options the new bios selected driver booster power plan it states to activate it for gaming mode boosting. once i changed that back to balanced it was solved and returned back to 799 MHz on idle. so happy that it back to normal now
Dec 29, 2018
hello there thanks i have tried so many things, and last night i was watching overclocking videos and they mentioned underclock so i started reading ip about that and found my solution was in power management in - Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options the new bios selected driver booster power plan it states to activate it for gaming mode boosting. once i changed that back to balanced it was solved and returned back to 799 MHz on idle. so happy that it back to normal now

Solution