i7 7700k high temp with low usage

Jun 3, 2018
Just got this problem recently. My i7 7700k got 96°C - 100°C static using AIO Id-Cooling Icekimo 120. Nothing overclock. Already trying change thermal paste, checking pump if tight or not but the problem still remain. Here I provide image from cpu-z, HWmonitor and Intel Extreme Tuning Utility https://imgur.com/a/3MD8WKA

p/s: My main suspect here is AIO. But need confirmation from expert before buy new cooler.

Solution
Here is your confirmation. Stop running the system until you get a new cpu cooler. If you keep running the system at these temps it will destroy the cpu. Hopefully the heat has not already damaged it.

Also you might think about getting something a little beefier then a 120mm aio. If you stick with liquid get at least a 240mm setup. Or you could go with something like the Dark Rock Pro 4 air cooler, if your case can fit it. Just a couple basic ideas.

urbancamper

Distinguished
Here is your confirmation. Stop running the system until you get a new cpu cooler. If you keep running the system at these temps it will destroy the cpu. Hopefully the heat has not already damaged it.

Also you might think about getting something a little beefier then a 120mm aio. If you stick with liquid get at least a 240mm setup. Or you could go with something like the Dark Rock Pro 4 air cooler, if your case can fit it. Just a couple basic ideas.

Solution