[SOLVED] i7 7700K PCI lanes question

Jul 25, 2020
I have an i7 7700k, recently I bought an Asus RTX 2080 Super Oc wich uses 16 PCI Lanes. For many weeks I had no problem at all, then I bought a wifi adapter ( TP-Link AC1200 Archer T5E ) wich also uses PCI. Since I installed the adapter I've had some troubles with games ( mainly csgo and Cod warzone) wich causes severe crashes. Intel says my CPU can only handle 1 x 16 PCI, 2 x 8 PCI. Is it possible that when the games require high GPU power the CPU can't handle that because of the extra PCI slots? Also I've tested and no thermal throttling and normal CPU/GPU clock and temp.
I don't really know if the PCI lanes are the same or if I messed up something...

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z270 - A
Power: EVGA supernova 750 G+
Ram: Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 ( 2x 8 GB )

Solution
First, its pcie. pci is an older standard that doesn't exist anymore

the i7 7700k can provide 16 lanes through it.
The chipset on the otherhand can provide a few more.

you put the graphics card in the top slot and the wifi card in the slot below it right?
the motherboard doesnt give both of them 16 lanes, and then share, it splits it into 8x and 8x, which for a long time didnt matter, but with how fast the memory is on newer cards like the 2080, it actually does matter.

try putting the wifi card in the bottom slot (Which instead of splitting the first gpu slot into 8 and 8, will just take as many lanes as it can from the chipset.
First, its pcie. pci is an older standard that doesn't exist anymore

the i7 7700k can provide 16 lanes through it.
The chipset on the otherhand can provide a few more.

you put the graphics card in the top slot and the wifi card in the slot below it right?
the motherboard doesnt give both of them 16 lanes, and then share, it splits it into 8x and 8x, which for a long time didnt matter, but with how fast the memory is on newer cards like the 2080, it actually does matter.

try putting the wifi card in the bottom slot (Which instead of splitting the first gpu slot into 8 and 8, will just take as many lanes as it can from the chipset.

Solution
Jul 25, 2020
So ther's no way I could use all my GPU power while having the adapter installed? How can I do it? Change CPU and Motherboard? Thanks for the reply.