[SOLVED] i7 7700k running too hot with Asus b150m.

Cwangbr

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2013
Hello! My CPU is running while idle within 60C to 65C. Under stress it easily reaches 90C and even 100C (gaming, video editing).
I reapplied thermal paste, cleaned cooler heatsinks, fans and getting nowhere. I read that this CPU is usually hot and read some people suggesting to undervolt to maybe 1.25V. But I cannot change core voltage in my BIOS (maybe because of B150m locked chipset?).
my specs
i7 7700k (at stock speeds, never overclocked)
asus B150m (cheaped out because never planned on OC)
MSI GTX 1070
cooler master evo tx3
32GB rams DDR4
1tb samsung evo SATA SSD
corsair carbide 88R case with 2 fans.

in HWmonitor I get 1.39V max . Anyone know a workaround?

Solution
That cpu cooler uses push-pins. That mechanism wears down over time, causing the cooler to not sit as firmly against the cpu as it once did.
So if you've had the Evo TX3 for some time, it's probably that.
Hello! My CPU is running while idle within 60C to 65C. Under stress it easily reaches 90C and even 100C (gaming, video editing).
I reapplied thermal paste, cleaned cooler heatsinks, fans and getting nowhere. I read that this CPU is usually hot and read some people suggesting to undervolt to maybe 1.25V. But I cannot change core voltage in my BIOS (maybe because of B150m locked chipset?).
my specs
i7 7700k (at stock speeds, never overclocked)
asus B150m (cheaped out because never planned on OC)
MSI GTX 1070
cooler master evo tx3
32GB rams DDR4
1tb samsung evo SATA SSD
corsair carbide 88R case with 2 fans.

in HWmonitor I get 1.39V max . Anyone know a workaround?
Probably the mounting mechanism is not correct, or it started to show it's age and the pressure of the mounting is not as same as before..