I7-8700 (non-k) gets hot when opening software

Dec 1, 2018
So I built this new PC yesterday.
(Don't know if you need all my specs but here goes)
- MSI Z370-A Pro
- I7-8700 (non-k)
- Cryorig H7 CPU Cooler
- 16GB DDR4 RAM
- GTX 1060 3GB
- Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD
- Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
- Running Windows 10 1809

I used the thermal paste that came with the Cryorig cooler, and applied a "pea" around the size of the capacitors that surrounds the CPU socket, and in the middle of the CPU surface. I -might- have mounted the cooler a bit tight with the screwdriver, but I'm not sure how tight they're supposed to sit. The cooler doesn't wiggle.

ON TO THE ISSUE:
So I noticed that as I launch software like Discord, Steam, browsers etc, the CPU temp rises from 29C (idle) to 40-44C for a brief moment before going down to 29C again and the CPU fan spins faster in that brief moment as well.

Is this normal? I've read that Intel's 8th Gen CPU are warm in general, but I have no idea.
Another thing that might be worth mentioning is that I haven't run any games yet so I don't know what temps it would jump to while gaming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

EDIT: Back on my own PC, downloaded Speccy. Old PC idles at 38-40C (i5 4690k stock-speed & stock-fan), also spikes to around 55 when I launch Steam.

EDIT 2: Tested on my brothers PC as well, same results.

Solution
It's normal. Especially if the temperature goes back down.
Usually even with just a stream on Twitch opened, my CPU gets at least 5 degrees hotter.

Cioby

Distinguished

He made a pea thermal paste on the middle of the CPU. The size of the capacitors that he saw in there. What is there to understand. Unless his capacitors are huge and he leaked paste, it shouldn't be an issue.

Lol, did u put thermal paste on your capacitors omg? what are you trying to achieve?? other than that those temps are completely fine, they a cool as heck if i may say so.

on load, you should only worry if you're constantly closing in 80C, your uder 70C and you're golden.

Dec 1, 2018
Haha sorry about the misunderstanding, english is my second language. No, I did not put the paste on the capacitors. The amount of paste I put on the CPU is about the size of the capacitors - which are small on this board.