[SOLVED] i7 8700 nonk voltage and temperatures with hyper evo turbo led and msi h370 motherboard

Solution
well anything below 1.4v is fine for daily use for quite a while now, so i wouldnt worry too much about it. unless you feel like its getting too hot for your cooler to cool it properly then maybe you can do that. but then again you can just get a better cooler rather than hurting your performance and stability.

also use HWinfo64 instead of hwmonitor. its more accurate.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
well anything below 1.4v is fine for daily use for quite a while now, so i wouldnt worry too much about it. unless you feel like its getting too hot for your cooler to cool it properly then maybe you can do that. but then again you can just get a better cooler rather than hurting your performance and stability.

also use HWinfo64 instead of hwmonitor. its more accurate.

Reactions: TomasVilla
Solution

rigg42

Respectable
Oct 17, 2018
I agree with the above. Especially the HWinfo64 part. That being said I have a 8700/ msi z370-A Pro in one of my machines. I cooled it with a DeepCool Gammaxx 400. I undervolted to 1.1 vcore, set medium LLC, maxed power limits, and loaded XMP. It passed an hour of prime95 26.6 and 8 hours of realbench no problems. It stayed locked at 4.3ghz the entire time. If I remember correctly my temps peaked in the mid 70's running P95 and and just shy of 70c in RB.

What kind of load were you running to get your numbers?

Last edited:
Reactions: gikal

gikal

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
I agree with the above. Especially the HWinfo64 part. That being said I have a 8700/ msi z370-A Pro in one of my machines. I cooled it with a DeepCool Gammaxx 400. I undervolted to 1.1 vcore, set medium LLC, maxed power limits, and loaded XMP. It passed an hour of prime95 26.6 and 8 hours of realbench no problems. It stayed locked at 4.3ghz the entire time. If I remember correctly my temps peaked in the mid 70's running P95 and and just shy of 70c in RB.

What kind of load were you running to get your numbers?
hello sir, thanks for answering to my question, i was emulating ps3 games with rpcs3, for what i know it uses avx instructions, the same that are usually used in some benchmark software if im wrong, correct me please, and i found another problem that was related with my case g21 tg, the problem is that the dusft filter caused an obstruction of the air flow, when i put them off i gain llike 11 c less in temperature, i found about this while watching the review of the case.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNnMC0jtfos&t=880s

i answer with this account because im too lazy to change to the other one xD

-sadly im not able to change my vcore and other voltage stuff due to my motherboard being an h370 instead of an z, which means i cannot change some overclock or undervolt configurations, i tried :c

rigg42

Respectable
Oct 17, 2018
Prime 95 v26.6 running small fft is generally considered the test to run to give you a proper temperature limit. I’m not familiar with the software you are running. Real bench is a good long term stability test with a realistic load that includes some AVX. Use HWinfo64 to monitor while running an hour of p95 v26.6 small fft. If your temps are sub 80c peak you are probably fine if you want to optimize temps you can undervolt and use the realbench stress test (use half of your ram) for an extended stability test. I run 8 hours. Make sure you are sustaining full 4.3ghz all core turbo at all times when under load. You may need to max out power limits and turbo duration in your bios to achieve this. This depends on the motherboard. Hope that helps.

Reactions: gikal