[SOLVED] i7 8700k oc @ 4.7 with Corsair H150i pro getting high temps

Jan 2, 2019
Hi all! I'm not exactly a pc expert i'm pretty competent when it comes to general issues. this I have no clue what i'm doing. I have i7 8700k oc to 4.7 with a voltage at 1.240. my cooler is the Corsair H150i pro. my problem is that I get stuttering in games and rarely a crash. on average my cpu sits at 60c at idle but under load I've seen it jump to 80c and a couple times even 90c.

I undersand that this cpu runs hot but it doesn't seem like it should be running this hot. I probably made a dumb mistake or something when I installed the aio but I really don't know what is wrong. If any specs are needed I will gladly provide them. Thanks in advance!

(I almost forgot to mention my aio is mounted to my front as my case only supports 360 rads in the front, I know its best to put the radiator at the top but I totally fogot about it when I ordered the aio)

Solution
Re apply thermal paste and realign the aio block correctly. Also clean out the radiator and case of dust. How old is your system? Pumps could go bad in 5ish years
Jan 2, 2019

That's probably a good solution I'll see if that works. I just recently built my system around 4 months ago.