I7 8700k optimal temps? new build

Oct 17, 2018
Hello, I just recently finished my first custom pc build and wanted to ask and see if my cpu temps are normal. I'm newer to high end cpu's so my apologies if some of this comes off as "nooby".
My rig is as follows:
Aorus gaming 7 motherboard
16gb x2 Hyper x Fury ram sticks xmp profile 1 3466mhz
Evga 1080ti sc2 black gaming edition gpu
intel i7 8600k cpu
Corsair 115I AIO
Evga 850W supernova g3 psu
samsung evo 960 1tb m.2
4.9Ghz auto OC through bios (not delidded)
... I downloaded a recommended program, intel extreme tuning utility to stress test the cpu as a guide said to do. I tested for 5 min and the average "package temp" at the end was about 60. The highest temp a core read was 73.I do have my gpu slightly oc'd and plan to game quite hard, I'm on a 1440p Acer Predator x27 monitor so it pushes my gpu quite well. Just curious if you guys think I could run this oc stable periodically testing temps. Lowest auto oc setting in bios i saw was 4.8ghz. Once again to reiterate, package temp average at the end of the 5min stress test was about 60, and max on any core was 73. Is that average or efficient? And what are considered "Good" temps for high end gaming.

" package temp average at the end of the 5min stress test was about 60, and max on any core was 73. Is that average or efficient? And what are considered "Good" temps for high end gaming. "

I consider those good temps. You won't hurt anything with those temps.

The Tjmax (max junction temperature) allowed on that CPU is 100C.

Oct 17, 2018

How would i go about testing under load? Am i able to do that with the intel extreme tuning utility? Or any specific programs? I already did some stress testing/benchmarking and it was around 60's like i said, highest any cores went was about 73ish. I do have the issue where my games are force closing at random though with the auto overclock. I even reset my gpu oc to troubleshoot and its still force closing at random.

snownight7

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
If your games are force closing when your cpu is overlocked and it’s not doing it when your at the default setting then that means you don’t have a stable overclock. A 5min stress test isn’t hardly a long enough sample size. I would stress test it for 15min and see if it crashes. Also go in your bios and see what your voltage is at.