[SOLVED] i7 8700k Overclock on be quiet dark rock 4

tibsy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
hi i recently bought a pc with an i7 8700k which had a corsair h100iv2 aio cooler on it. it seems the aio has given up and doesnt cool the cpu no more. i dont know if it has bubbles or its just cranked out. but ive decided to get a new cooler and im currently looking at the be quiet dark rock 4 and was wondering if i'd be able to get a 4.7ghz all core overclock on it.
Thanks

Solution
The DR4 should match any OC you could achieve via the H100v2, just maybe a couple of degrees warmer.
So unless you're at the bring of thermal stability, if you could achieve 4.7 all-core on the H100, you should be able to achieve on the DR4.

At the end of the day, you're just matching the single core boost clocks on all-cores, so that's really not too difficult of an OC. 4.9-5.1GHz range should be doable on just about all 8700Ks unless you got a complete dud.

Where are you located? There might be better options for the same money +/-.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The DR4 should match any OC you could achieve via the H100v2, just maybe a couple of degrees warmer.
So unless you're at the bring of thermal stability, if you could achieve 4.7 all-core on the H100, you should be able to achieve on the DR4.

At the end of the day, you're just matching the single core boost clocks on all-cores, so that's really not too difficult of an OC. 4.9-5.1GHz range should be doable on just about all 8700Ks unless you got a complete dud.

Solution

tibsy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019

Uk