I7 8700K vs 8086K for audio production

Dec 7, 2018
This is my first build and I'm looking to drop one of these 2 in to my MOBO. The 8086K is currently $80 more and I'm wondering if I'll get noticeable gains in my DAW(Fl Studio) with it. Songs can range between 30-50 track per with many VST's running simultaneously so latency/studders are major concern as well. Any advice for this novice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Solution
The two CPUs are essentially the same chip, the only difference is the 8086k has a slightly higher single core TurboBoost and it might overclock slightly better than an 8700k as 8086ks are cherry picked from higher quality silicon. If you plan on seriously overclocking and want to squeeze the absolute most performance you can get out of a 6 core/12 thread Intel chip, then the 8086k might be worth it. If you don't really plan on overclocking then it's not really worth the extra $50 and you might as well get the 8700k. Basically the only real difference is with the 8086k you might be able to squeeze out another 100-200MHz out of it compared to an 8700k, and that's maybe a 3-4% performance gain at best.
The two CPUs are essentially the same chip, the only difference is the 8086k has a slightly higher single core TurboBoost and it might overclock slightly better than an 8700k as 8086ks are cherry picked from higher quality silicon. If you plan on seriously overclocking and want to squeeze the absolute most performance you can get out of a 6 core/12 thread Intel chip, then the 8086k might be worth it. If you don't really plan on overclocking then it's not really worth the extra $50 and you might as well get the 8700k. Basically the only real difference is with the 8086k you might be able to squeeze out another 100-200MHz out of it compared to an 8700k, and that's maybe a 3-4% performance gain at best.

Solution