[SOLVED] I7-950/GTX 1050 worse performance after time

TaiTeX

Prominent
Feb 29, 2020
Hello my darlings.
I have a system with an i7 950 with no OC and a GTX 1050 2gb OC from the factory and 8 GB ram single.
I have this system for about 1-2 years.
At the beginning everything was awesome I could play GTA 5 on medium/high settings with 60-80 fps.
But i stopped playing GTA 5 for about a few months.
After a few months I started GTA 5 up and i had 12 fps on these settings.
I changed my harddrive for an SSD it helped a bit but i still dont get constant 30 fps on the lowest settings of course.
I dont know I checked everything please help me

Solution
You can go to Nvidia's official website. Under the driver section you just need to select your model being the GeForce GTX 1050. From there on you just need to select the driver you want and hit download. From there on it's as simple as double clicking in the file and installing by hitting Next. To too sure which driver it is exactly as I don't own that card but I'm sure a couple of Youtube videos will be able to answer your question quickly.
I am not as knowledgeable when it comes your CPU, but I know for a fact that there was a GPU driver update for the 1050/Ti in 2019 that was suppose to optimise these cards to support features in newer games, but as a result it gave users lower FPS. Try rolling back to a driver you used thise few months back and that should do it.

You can go to Nvidia's official website. Under the driver section you just need to select your model being the GeForce GTX 1050. From there on you just need to select the driver you want and hit download. From there on it's as simple as double clicking in the file and installing by hitting Next. To too sure which driver it is exactly as I don't own that card but I'm sure a couple of Youtube videos will be able to answer your question quickly.

Solution