[SOLVED] i7-9700F Terrible Performance Drop

Feb 25, 2021
So I bought the Digital Storm Lynx Ultimate (the best available Lynx) and it has the following

CPU - i7-9700F
Graphics Card - RTX 2070 Super
Motherboard - PRIME H310M-E R2.0
RAM - 16GB 2400 mhz

So I was just playing warzone one day and I noticed some quite considerable frame drops and frame stuttering. I made no graphical changes or settings changes at all. I have checked all my settings in every game, Nvidia control panel, basic settings, and even bios. I used to get 144 or more in every single one of my games including Cold War and now on Cold War I get 50 - 70 with substantial stuttering. Every games' performance is so much worse than it used to be. Just overall performance and speed in general is also suffering. On every game my CPU usage is at 100%. Every time I turn my PC on and just open task manager CPU usage is at 100% when I first open it, and it usually doesn't drop below 50% when I'm not even running any programs. I haven't done anything to damage the hardware, and I personally believe it's something wrong with the motherboard because I downloaded the official intel CPU tester and it said it was absolutely fine. Please help I haven't played any games in like 3 weeks.

Solution
Install and run both HWmonitor and CPU-Z

On CPU-Z, select 'bench', then 'stress CPU'...(be sure to hit 'stop' upon conclusion of testing!)

Note clock speeds and temps sustained for 20 minutes or so....; with an H310, we might not see the 4.6 GHz on all cores we'd typically see on a Z-390 board, but, just looking to see if you at least see 3.8-4.0 GHz sustained with no evidence of overheating/throttling, etc....

All win10 updates applied?

With nothing extra running, what clock speeds and CPU usage are shown in task manager? (Being stuck at 800 MHz would mean you might have botched /default chipset drivers; reinstall the manufacturer chipset drivers)...
So I bought the Digital Storm Lynx Ultimate (the best available Lynx) and it has the following

CPU - i7-9700F
Graphics Card - RTX 2070 Super
Motherboard - PRIME H310M-E R2.0
RAM - 16GB 2400 mhz

So I was just playing warzone one day and I noticed some quite considerable frame drops and frame stuttering. I made no graphical changes or settings changes at all. I have checked all my settings in every game, Nvidia control panel, basic settings, and even bios. I used to get 144 or more in every single one of my games including Cold War and now on Cold War I get 50 - 70 with substantial stuttering. Every games' performance is so much worse than it used to be. Just overall performance and speed in general is also suffering. On every game my CPU usage is at 100%. Every time I turn my PC on and just open task manager CPU usage is at 100% when I first open it, and it usually doesn't drop below 50% when I'm not even running any programs. I haven't done anything to damage the hardware, and I personally believe it's something wrong with the motherboard because I downloaded the official intel CPU tester and it said it was absolutely fine. Please help I haven't played any games in like 3 weeks.
If everything is basic setting then docp isn't enabled and if you are using 2 sticks of r you will need docp enabled.

Install and run both HWmonitor and CPU-Z

On CPU-Z, select 'bench', then 'stress CPU'...(be sure to hit 'stop' upon conclusion of testing!)

Note clock speeds and temps sustained for 20 minutes or so....; with an H310, we might not see the 4.6 GHz on all cores we'd typically see on a Z-390 board, but, just looking to see if you at least see 3.8-4.0 GHz sustained with no evidence of overheating/throttling, etc....

All win10 updates applied?

With nothing extra running, what clock speeds and CPU usage are shown in task manager? (Being stuck at 800 MHz would mean you might have botched /default chipset drivers; reinstall the manufacturer chipset drivers)

Solution
Run Malwarebytes as 100% useage points to something running in the background that should not be there, also a run of CCleaner on the registry would do no harm. Re-install the latest driver for your gpu directly from Nvidia once this is done and then run CCleaner again. Just as a thought to the above mentioned.....