[SOLVED] i7 9700f vcore of 1.44v

Apr 9, 2020
I recetly upgraded to an i7 9700f, and i noticed my average cpu vcore was 1.44v under load while gaming or under a cpu stresstest. My motherboard is an ASUS H370 with stock settings, Is this normal?

Solution
Well, 60C gaming temps are quite darn decent, so, if temps are under control, that's a very good sign...(maybe you can find/examine others' HWMonitor results and see if voltages are similar, I just know a 9700K I worked on two months ago with a Z390A Prime had much lower voltage, 1.29V or so...; the Intel XTU might allow you to adjust it downward if inclined to experiment, and, in the event of a lockup without a good shutdown, it defaults everything back to default on each startup)

(not sure to what degree your core voltage is adjustable / an H-Series board, but, if the BIOS does not allow you to tinker with any negative offsets (if you wish to tinker, that is) maybe Intel's XTU might....
Apr 9, 2020
HWMonitor was where i got the Vcore from, core temp and cpuZ give the same readings, my cpu never exceeds 60°C when gaming. I just treid resetting my bios to default but still gives the same volatge of 1.44v when fully utilised.

Well, 60C gaming temps are quite darn decent, so, if temps are under control, that's a very good sign...(maybe you can find/examine others' HWMonitor results and see if voltages are similar, I just know a 9700K I worked on two months ago with a Z390A Prime had much lower voltage, 1.29V or so...; the Intel XTU might allow you to adjust it downward if inclined to experiment, and, in the event of a lockup without a good shutdown, it defaults everything back to default on each startup)

(not sure to what degree your core voltage is adjustable / an H-Series board, but, if the BIOS does not allow you to tinker with any negative offsets (if you wish to tinker, that is) maybe Intel's XTU might....

Solution