[SOLVED] i7 9700k defaulting at 4.6 GHz

Oct 20, 2019
I just rebuilt my computer a couple of weeks ago. I replaced RAM, motherboard, CPU, GPU. I previously had an i5 4690k which I had overclocked. I'm having some issues with windows and software that I'll be figuring out but I noticed in my HWMonitor program that all 8 cores are sitting at 4600 MHz while I'm just sitting here typing this. Like I said before I'm having some windows issues, I actually haven't manually reinstalled Windows 10 yet because when I booted the computer up it worked like normal. All new parts were recognized and I could install drivers, play games, etc. Is it possible that because I haven't reinstalled Windows there's some weird connection from my previous OC cpu that's causing my new one to be boosted? Maybe it's just the turbo boost but I don't know why it would be boosted while I only have my browser open...
Specs:
RTX 2080 ti
i7 9700k
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming edge AC

I also have a bunch of questions about this whole windows thing that I'll post somewhere else. There's a bit of a story that goes along with it. The only problem so far is that there's this label on the bottom right of my screen that says, "ACTIVATE WINDOWS, go to settings", as well as I can't access Nvidia system monitor. Anyways, what's the deal with my clock speed, is that normal or is this an optimization thing with Windows?