Question I9 10900k

Oct 4, 2020
The best oc i can achieve is 5.1ghz at 1.375 volts. 5.2 or 5.3 I lose stability. Is this reasonable or should I keep tweaking? I'm using a h100i hydro series cooler on a maximus 12 hero mb.

Actually, it's probably EXCESSIVE for that cooler. I seriously doubt that with an H100i you can keep thermals in check with an all core 5.1Ghz OC at a voltage that ALSO allows the system to be fully stable. Very unlikely. Either your voltage is so low that you're able to remain thermally compliant at the expense of stability or you are not thermally compliant. I mean, it's possible, if you have an exception sample of a 10900k I guess, but it's pretty unlikely.

What are you testing thermal compliance with? How LONG are you testing thermal compliance?

What are you testing stability with? How long are you testing stability?

Oct 4, 2020
Actually, it's probably EXCESSIVE for that cooler. I seriously doubt that with an H100i you can keep thermals in check with an all core 5.1Ghz OC at a voltage that ALSO allows the system to be fully stable. Very unlikely. Either your voltage is so low that you're able to remain thermally compliant at the expense of stability or you are not thermally compliant. I mean, it's possible, if you have an exception sample of a 10900k I guess, but it's pretty unlikely.

What are you testing thermal compliance with? How LONG are you testing thermal compliance?

What are you testing stability with? How long are you testing stability?
The average temp was low to mid 60's during test.it peaked 75 for a second but only briefly.