Prominent
Dec 20, 2018
Hi community.

Are these temps okay?

New PC:

i9 9900k (noctua NH-D14)
Asus Z390-A Prime
32GB 3200mhz ddr4

I have set my i9 9900k to 5.0GHz in bios and disabled power daving features. It runs between 4.6 and 5.0 GHz (not sure why it fluctuates if turbo and cores are locked at 5.0)

I played PUBG and streamed for an hour reaching 60 celcius max according to Hardware info. It also showed a max CPU voltage of abour 1.29v. Is that good?

Is this acceptable?

Solution

It appears that whatever setting you've changed is not an OC per say. Your CPU is running normally. The 4.6 is your all core max boost for all 8 cores. The 5ghz I suspect is only getting to 5hz on 1-2 cores. You can monitor it by using HWMon.

Your temps are fine.

It appears that whatever setting you've changed is not an OC per say. Your CPU is running normally. The 4.6 is your all core max boost for all 8 cores. The 5ghz I suspect is only getting to 5hz on 1-2 cores. You can monitor it by using HWMon.

Your temps are fine.

Solution

hd7970ghz

Prominent
Dec 20, 2018
Thank you.

All cores fluctuate between 4.6 and 5.0. It's not just 2 cores at 5.0.

I have never seen this while setting manual timings. I even set LLC to level 6, disabled all power saving and throttling settings I could find.

Any idea what else could be causing the fluctuating speeds?

Thanks

Well, first, don't set your LLC so high. You want it on default or one setting above default. LLC higher settings are only for high/extreme OC's. Not good to play with it. It can over volt on high settings.

Ah, okay, if all cores boosting to 5ghz, maybe its to do with your windows power settings. Make sure it's set to high performance mode, otherwise the CPU will downclock if on balanced.