[SOLVED] I9-9900K & MSI z370-A Pro

Dec 29, 2021
Hi,

For about a year ago I upgraded my CPU to the I9-9900K and is supposed to be compatible with my mobo MSI Z370-a Pro.

But ever since (if i rememeber correctly) i've been getting stutters, for 2-3 seconds, both video and sound.
Been trying to reinstall windows and switching the ram but doesn't seem to work.
This is where I started to wonder if the 9900K isn't compatible with the mobo.

Anyone have some ideas or suggestions?

Since LGA 1151 mobos are hard to find I find just the Z390-a pro and wonder if that would solve the issue.

BR,

Dec 29, 2021
Here is the full spec:

MSI Z370-A Pro
Intel Core i9-9900 K
ASUS Geforce GTX 1070 8GB Dual OC
Corsair 8GB 2400 Mhz CL 16 Vengence x 4 (bought 2 x 8 first and then the other 2 x 8 later on)
Samsung SSD 860 Pro
Corsair Hydro H55
Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 600W

I've checked the temps and they seem fine.
I've also downloaded the lastest motherboards bios but might check that out again since it's been a while.

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
Outside of Ebay you will likely struggle to get them from retailers. I bought a used maximus x hero z370 board for a 9900kf and it has been rock solid and was in great condition. Cost about £100.

Usual ebay precautions apply obviously as there will be some dodgy boards out there but also some bargains to be had

Dec 29, 2021
Outside of Ebay you will likely struggle to get them from retailers. I bought a used maximus x hero z370 board for a 9900kf and it has been rock solid and was in great condition. Cost about £100.

Usual ebay precautions apply obviously as there will be some dodgy boards out there but also some bargains to be had

Yes, since im not sure what to do, i ended up buying a new motherboard because the video in this topic explained that the z370-a pro is not very compatible.

MSI MPG z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

Hopefully this will solve the issue.

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
Yes, since im not sure what to do, i ended up buying a new motherboard because the video in this topic explained that the z370-a pro is not very compatible.

MSI MPG z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

Hopefully this will solve the issue.

That is definitely a better board than your previous one. Report back if you can once you have tested and hopefully the issue is resolved.

Dec 29, 2021
I think others and yourself have done the heavy lifting on this one. Fingers crossed the mobo turns up quickly and you can get this sorted
I've got the MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon and tried it out for a couple days. The stutters are gone and seems to run without any issues. So, I believe the solution is that the Z370-a Pro is not compatible with the i9-9900K.

Thanks for all the help and I hope people find this thread whom have the same issue.

Reactions: MEMOFLEX

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
I've got the MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon and tried it out for a couple days. The stutters are gone and seems to run without any issues. So, I believe the solution is that the Z370-a Pro is not compatible with the i9-9900K.

Thanks for all the help and I hope people find this thread whom have the same issue.
Great news. Always satisfying when a problem gets solved. Enjoy