[SOLVED] i9-9900KF reaching high temperatures at idle ?

majlaunch

Commendable
Feb 7, 2019
First, I would like to say that I am Brazilian and I am using Google Translate to write and communicate with you about it ;)

My Desktop Settings:

I9-9900KF
Z390-H Gaming
EVGA 850W
Corsair H115i

I have a little problem, that when my processor is idle, it keeps at 4.68~4.70GHz...
I've tried changing the power plan to "balanced" but nothing, I disabled that "Speedstep" in the BIOS and nothing, reset the BIOS through the interface and it didn't work either.

The problem is that along with GHz, the temperature is relatively high for most of the time the desktop is idle, I understand that Windows has tasks where the peak will actually be 4.70GHz, but not all the time , I've also tested closing all programs, but nothing...
I'll leave images below to demonstrate this.
I'm waiting for someone to help me with this, I didn't want to format it.. Thanks A LOT in advance!

Print1
Print2

Solution
Your temps are not too high for idle. AiO liquid coolers will not keep idle temps as low as would a high-end air cooler. You should check your load temps, those are the temps that matter more.
Thanks for the reply, I opened my case to tighten the screws on the toilet, and amazingly it gave a nice lower temperature, and it also remained more stable.

majlaunch

Commendable
Feb 7, 2019
Your temps are not too high for idle. AiO liquid coolers will not keep idle temps as low as would a high-end air cooler. You should check your load temps, those are the temps that matter more.
Thanks for the reply, I opened my case to tighten the screws on the toilet, and amazingly it gave a nice lower temperature, and it also remained more stable.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS