Question i9 9900KS & 2080Ti - Idle 53-55 Degrees.Gaming 75-80 GPU

Spartagus423

Reputable
Nov 29, 2019
Just was curious if my temps are OK.

I built my first PC in January.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Spartagus423/saved/#view=cd6TCJ

I have been keeping everything stock for the most part and haven't had any real issues. I have 1 inake fan in front of case and 1 Exhaust fan on top and my Power supply fan on bottom. My GPU 2080 Ti has the two stock fans pointing down and I have the Noctura 1 Intake and Exhaust ontop of the cpu.

I started playing Minecraft Dungeons and my temp has been staying between 78-80 Degrees on my 2080 Ti.

Is this a safe temperature? When I turn off the game my computer idles between 53-55..Playing Call of Duty Warzone it goes to 77-78 Degrees.

I am new to building computers but I don't really know how to tweak it without hurting the pc so I just left everything at stock.

Spartagus423

Reputable
Nov 29, 2019
Yea I feel like it was fine but I wanted to ask people who were familiar. I just wish I knew how to tune my settings to get the most out of my system without overheating. I just spent a lot to build and I am learning as I go.

Thanks

Yea I feel like it was fine but I wanted to ask people who were familiar. I just wish I knew how to tune my settings to get the most out of my system without overheating. I just spent a lot to build and I am learning as I go.

Thanks
If the card is installed in a good spot in the case and the case isn't too hot I don't think you should ever be able to overheat your GPU (using it normally) if it's working properly.

Spartagus423

Reputable
Nov 29, 2019
My Gpu fans are pointed down and there is open space. The Cpu Cooler is right above it blowing air from intake to exhaust to the back of machine.

The top of the cpu has about an inch away from the cpu Cooler.

I could move the GPU Down 1 PCI Express slot to give it more space ontop but I am not sure it is necessary when the two GPU Fans are pointed down with a lot of open space below it.

My Gpu fans are pointed down and there is open space. The Cpu Cooler is right above it blowing air from intake to exhaust to the back of machine.

The top of the cpu has about an inch away from the cpu Cooler.

I could move the GPU Down 1 PCI Express slot to give it more space ontop but I am not sure it is necessary when the two GPU Fans are pointed down with a lot of open space below it.
I think your GPU temps seem fine....although I don't know how hard you were pushing it.

I would leave it alone. If it started going above 85C I might do something.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The 9900KS literally doesn't care what it's operating temps are, except for the critical temp at 100C.
It could be at 98C and would still be running at 5.0ghz. Of course, running like that isn't good long term - thermal degradation - but still...
It's up to you to take care of it. Most will recommend not exceeding 85C for daily use.

The EVGA 2080Ti Black: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/206807/evga-rtx2080ti-11264-181024-1
Thermal limits:
Rated: 84.0C(throttling occurs)
Max: 88.0C (basically shutdown temp)

The high idle temps are due to your lack of fans, but you're not in any trouble yet, going by the load temps.

Spartagus423

Reputable
Nov 29, 2019
It stays at 53-55 just sitting on desktop all day or just using chrome or firefox..I only have like 20 tabs open :)

Path of Exile runs at 55 Degrees when I play it

Minecraft Dungeons goes to 80 Degrees.

Last edited: