iaStor.sys BSOD on Startup

icecoldsnake

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
New desktop was running fine until today. Got home and turned her on and it said "Windows is shutting down in one minute" (most likely due to my shutdown task scheduled to execute when the system was hibernating, but that's a story for another thread). After shutdown, the system remained powered on (again, problem for a third thread). After the usual suffocation by holding the power button, I fired the system back on and BSOD. Reboot, and BSOD. Turns out the BSOD happens right as windows is "starting". I can't even get the system into Safe Mode as it fails to load iaStor.sys. The culprit here is iaStor.sys

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Intel i5-3570k
Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus
8 GB DDR3
1TB Western Digital Caviar Green
EVGA 1GB 650Ti Boost Superclocked Edition

Solution
Boot Through A Live OS Like Fedora,Bodhi etc And Format The Partition In Which Your OS Is Installed!

I Solved This iastor.sys BSoD Error Through This Method!

Wamphryi

Distinguished
iastor.sys is the driver normally associated with the Intel RAID controller found on many motherboards. If your OS was installed with the RAID controller active make sure it is still active in BIOS. If not try booting with the controller in AHCI mode preferably or in IDE mode if all else fails. Otherwise you are probably looking at a corrupt driver or Hard Drive failure.

asen121

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Boot Through A Live OS Like Fedora,Bodhi etc And Format The Partition In Which Your OS Is Installed!

I Solved This iastor.sys BSoD Error Through This Method!

Solution

icecoldsnake

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012

Please do not revive old threads. The error had been fixed nearly a year ago, and the thread is now of no use to me. Thank for for the answer for future googlers, but please do not revive old threads.