[SOLVED] iball router doesnot let me stream decreases bitrate.

radicle_

Commendable
Oct 23, 2020
I have an iball router (ib-WRB333N)
WHENEVER I TRY TO STREAM IT DECREASES MY BITRATE.
AND WHEN I BYPASS IT THE BITRATE BECOMES STABLE.
Bitrate i kept - 10000kbps

I Tried internet speed test
The results were the following

Without router (bypassing it)
Download speed -89mbps
Upload-90mbps

With router
Download-28mbps
Upload-different results sometime 10mbps sometime 2mbps

Solution
Try turning off all QOS features and see if that improves speed.

It's really hard to say what's wrong when using inexpensive routers. They tend to use poorly made firmware and have slower SOC chips. Most people don't own them to give you proper advice.

It's really hard to say what's wrong when using inexpensive routers. They tend to use poorly made firmware and have slower SOC chips. Most people don't own them to give you proper advice.

Solution

radicle_

Commendable
Oct 23, 2020

can u plzz suggest me a good router for streaming??

QOS is already off

i think its the routers fault only cuz i checked it by connecting to my friends gaming laptop
same thing happening

Last edited:
Be sure to only use ethernet and not wifi. Even the very best router might have issues with streaming on wifi because of interference.

What router to recommend is going to be hard. It appears that router is mostly sold in india and costs the equivalent of $15. Normally when someone want a very basic router the models I recommend are around $50 but that is based on a USA or EU salary. I would look at tplink they make inexpensive but quality routers. All depends on your budget.

can u plzz suggest me a good router for streaming??

QOS is already off

i think its the routers fault only cuz i checked it by connecting to my friends gaming laptop
same thing happening

Certainly it's the router, if QOS is off it's probably just a really slow NAT controller on the SOC. For $15, it's going to be a very slow ARM processor. Do you have a budget you want to stay under?

radicle_

Commendable
Oct 23, 2020
Certainly it's the router, if QOS is off it's probably just a really slow NAT controller on the SOC. For $15, it's going to be a very slow ARM processor. Do you have a budget you want to stay under?
I use lan cable to connect my pc to router

I think there is no other way other than to buy a new router
Btw the iball router i use is 2.4ghz router

radicle_

Commendable
Oct 23, 2020
new update i talked to iball customer care
they said its the router's fault
and told me to give it for repair

but i think i should buy a new one?
any suggestions??