Question ibuypower Bluescreen Crash, Failed Booting and CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Jan 12, 2022
Hi Everyone,

Earlier this evening I was browsing the web (On deviantart to be specific) when suddenly out of nowhere I got a BSOD. It said it was collecting data with a progress bar. The progress halted at 95% and after minutes of waiting, it would not progress. I got impatient and forced my PC to shut off by holding the power button. But after doing that and attempting to turn on, my PC would activate for a few seconds then shut off, it wouldn't boot up. Another thing to note is some of the RGB lights in my tower wouldn't turn on. After multiple attempts of turning on, my PC booted up and I was taken into the BIOS where I got a message saying "The system has experienced a boot failure possibly due to incorrect configuration. Previous settings in BIOS may not be compatible. with current hardware state." Another thing to note is when I got the BSOD I got a stop code saying CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

I've had similar experiences with this PC in the past year where my computer would blue screen. But they were few and far between, like every few months or so. And this PC is less than a year old. I got it off of ibuypower. Why am I getting this? Is my PC defective? Should I be worried? I look up tutorials on how to fix issues like this and they are ridiculous and convoluted. They expect you to do things like completely take apart your computer and screw with the finer details of the BIOS. And they say warnings that if you don't know what you are doing, you could permanently break your computer. I have no experience with building or messing with computers. This is like expecting me perform brain surgery. I have no idea what I'm doing and doing the wrong thing could have dire consequences.

Processor: Intel Core i9-11900KF Processor

Processor Cooling: ENERMAX LIQMAX III 240mm ARGB Liquid Cooler

Memory: 32 GB DDR4 3200 Memory Module Corsair Vengance- LPX

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z590-UD Wifi AC

Power Supply: 800 Watt- High Power- 80 PLUS Gold

Primary Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SPECTRIX S40G RGB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD -- Read: 3500MB/s; Write: 3000MB/s

Secondary Storage: 3TB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive -- 256MB Cache, 5400 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

Case: Thermaltake Divider 300 TG ARGB Mid Tower Chassis

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022
Hi Everyone,

Earlier this evening I was browsing the web (On deviantart to be specific) when suddenly out of nowhere I got a BSOD. It said it was collecting data with a progress bar. The progress halted at 95% and after minutes of waiting, it would not progress. I got impatient and forced my PC to shut off by holding the power button. But after doing that and attempting to turn on, my PC would activate for a few seconds then shut off, it wouldn't boot up. Another thing to note is some of the RGB lights in my tower wouldn't turn on. After multiple attempts of turning on, my PC booted up and I was taken into the BIOS where I got a message saying "The system has experienced a boot failure possibly due to incorrect configuration. Previous settings in BIOS may not be compatible. with current hardware state." Another thing to note is when I got the BSOD I got a stop code saying CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

I've had similar experiences with this PC in the past year where my computer would blue screen. But they were few and far between, like every few months or so. And this PC is less than a year old. I got it off of ibuypower. Why am I getting this? Is my PC defective? Should I be worried? I look up tutorials on how to fix issues like this and they are ridiculous and convoluted. They expect you to do things like completely take apart your computer and screw with the finer details of the BIOS. And they say warnings that if you don't know what you are doing, you could permanently break your computer. I have no experience with building or messing with computers. This is like expecting me perform brain surgery. I have no idea what I'm doing and doing the wrong thing could have dire consequences.

Processor: Intel Core i9-11900KF Processor
Memory: 32 GB DDR4 3200 Memory Module Corsair Vengance- LPX
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z590-UD Wifi AC
Power Supply: 800 Watt- High Power- 80 PLUS Gold

Hey Aubiter,

What is the warranty situation like with the PC and ibuypower? Anyway you can contact them to have them fix or replace it? If there is defective hardware, like a bad PSU, CPU, MOBO you really want ibuypower to deal with it. IIRC most standard warranties are 12 months.

So the PC no longer boots up normally? Can you try to boot into safe mode? When you power the PC on spam the F8 key to enter advanced boot mode, if you've loaded past the Gigabyte screen you've gone to far and need to try again.

Jan 12, 2022
Hey Aubiter,

What is the warranty situation like with the PC and ibuypower? Anyway you can contact them to have them fix or replace it? If there is defective hardware, like a bad PSU, CPU, MOBO you really want ibuypower to deal with it. IIRC most standard warranties are 12 months.

So the PC no longer boots up normally? Can you try to boot into safe mode? When you power the PC on spam the F8 key to enter advanced boot mode, if you've loaded past the Gigabyte screen you've gone to far and need to try again.

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately, I mistyped the thread title, sorry about that. My PC still boots up normally, It’s just when I got the blue screen and forced it to shut off that it wouldn’t boot up. After multiple attempts to boot it up it started booting normally again, but then I got that message in the BIOS.

Again this isn’t a frequently occurring issue. I get blue screens like this every couple months or so. In between my computer seems to run fine, but I feel like this isn’t normal. Another thing to note is when I got these fatal crashes I was simply browsing the internet or watching YouTube videos. Also, when I got the most recent blue screen and forced booted is when my computer was having booting problems. The previous times I got fatal crashes my pc didn’t have booting problems

I’m reluctant to contact ibuypower as I’ve heard they have terrible customer service. I have a 3 year warranty I believe. I’m tempted to bring my pc to my local Micro Center to at least get it inspected and diagnosed, but I don’t know if that’s a good idea. What if it voids my warranty or something?

I’m at work as of writing so I don’t have access to my computer at the moment.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022
replace the psu
what the cpu cooler on that? check cpu temp
how full is the ssd?
I just got home now.

My cpu cooler is an ENERMAX LIQMAX III 240mm ARGB Liquid Cooler and as of writing my cpu temp is 24 degrees. Also my ssd is about a 3rd of the way filled up.

Could my power supply not have enough power or something? Could it be defective?

Jan 12, 2022
Another update,

A few days ago I spoke with ibuypower tech support through their chat system. They recommended that I reseat my GPU and my RAM. I've never done this before so I did what they said. So far I haven't had any issues, aside from my PC taking longer to boot up than I've normally noticed.

I highly doubt this fixed my issue, knowing my luck with computers.

TRENDING THREADS