Ice Cream Sandwich + Raspberry Pi = Delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pankiw

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
[citation][nom]killabanks[/nom]make it for $100[/citation]

The whole idea of Raspberry Pi is to bring computers to people with very little money, weather they are schools in developing nations or someone in North America / Europe that want a computer dedicate for them to learn..

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Robert Pankiw[/nom]The whole idea of Raspberry Pi is to bring computers to people with very little money, weather they are schools in developing nations or someone in North America / Europe that want a computer dedicate for them to learn..[/citation]

They should bring some to your school.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]killabanks[/nom]make it for $100 with real hardware and now we talking... oooouuuyyyyaaaa[/citation]

25 or 35$, so cheaper than you want
get to make your own case for it, so highly customizable,
and a fun weekend project if you like that sort of thing.

where is the downside?

[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]25 or 35$, so cheaper than you wantget to make your own case for it, so highly customizable,and a fun weekend project if you like that sort of thing. where is the downside?[/citation]

killabanks wants it to have better hardware. He/she might be more interested in the similar higher end products, so his/her complaint is kinda like how netbooks and tablets don't compete with even most lower end notebooks in raw performance.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]killabanks wants it to have better hardware. He/she might be more interested in the similar higher end products, so his/her complaint is kinda like how netbooks and tablets don't compete with even most lower end notebooks in raw performance.[/citation]

than get that... i forget the name, but its a quad core arm, for 135.
and if he wants better hardware for a cellphone os... its kind of stupid...

Ohmybad

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
my PI is a blast to play with, I've self taught myself a lot of coding i had no idea about just a couple months ago, already OC'd to 950MHz, +GPU core and what not... learning how linux works is different but can easily be done.

can't beat what you can do for $43USD(price shipped from UK to US)

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
[citation][nom]Ohmybad[/nom]my PI is a blast to play with, I've self taught myself a lot of coding i had no idea about just a couple months ago, already OC'd to 950MHz, +GPU core and what not... learning how linux works is different but can easily be done.can't beat what you can do for $43USD(price shipped from UK to US)[/citation]

That's great to know. I have mine and haven't had a chance to play. I can't wait to break out some raspbmc, fedora, and now Android...all with the swap of an SD card.

I don't get how some people don't get how this can be fun...some people must just not like to tinker.

Status
Not open for further replies.