Question iCUE Alternative

FarmerFran

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I have the iCUE and the H150i installed in my system.

Fans are as follows

3x120mm on the front of the case for the radiator
1x 140 mm in the back of the case
2x 140mm in the top of the case

Thinking about 1x 120mm or 140mm in the bottom of the case pushing up (case is off the floor)

Case is a Corsair 780T (just a little thing)

I have 5 fan plugs coming off the top of the case which I do not mind using for case fans (that is where they are connected now) but I would rather have direct control of the radiator fans.

Is there a solid alternative to iCUE? I do not care about the RGB. But either way is fine.

FarmerFran

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Would require a different controller to be used for the fans rather than having them connected to the H150i.

iCue gives you direct control over the radiator fans, so I'm not understanding....you can set fan curves within iCue.

iCUE has a tendency to make a PC very unstable. Mine included, I think I have it fixed but I am not getting excited quite yet...

FarmerFran

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I have the the Commander that came with the cooler. I have not plugged in a thermocouple yet but I got 2 with the motherboard, so I might go that route.

The problem is the BCOD. I think it was due to windows going into sleep. I had just finished the build and installing software and I was getting BSOD. Poked around and some people were blaming iCUE. I have since done a few things, reseated RAM, m.2 SSD, turned off all sleep and the issue is gone, well at least so far. I am still testing.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You have an AIO, so not sure where you would use that, but it is possible to do so.

BSOD would likely be something else, not iCue, although curious where your theory of iCue causing it comes from? Did this start soon after installing it, or was there something else, such as an error message, etc that indicates that?

FarmerFran

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I am doing the AIO (for CPU) in the front so my GPU takes the pain. I was thinking of putting it near there and just seeing if I can balance the heat but as it turs out run Doom Eternal then Fallout 76 for a total of about 1 hour my CPY hit low 40s and the GPU low 50s, so I think I am ok.

As for the BSOD, I got it right after the iCUE install but still could have been coincidence.