Id like a secondary Graphics Card

Thunderdog394

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015
I currently have this Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card
And possibly wanting some more power to the Memory is plausible.
The rest of my Specs are the follow
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: MyDigitalSSD BPX 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: WD Blue 4TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD40EZRZ
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card
Case: Apevia X-DREAMER4-GN ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS30 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer
Monitor: BenQ GL2460HM 24" Widescreen LED Backlit LCD Monitor

Solution
Even if you wanted a second 1080 vram doesn't stack so you'd still only have 8gb, plus at 1080P you shouldn't be using more then 8gb, even if your playing highly modded games. If you want a bit more performance then I'd recommend overclocking your CPU & GPU.

Anyways SLI support is pretty poor nowadays, I highly doubt that you'll see much of a performance increase, especially at that resolution.

WildCard999

Titan
Even if you wanted a second 1080 vram doesn't stack so you'd still only have 8gb, plus at 1080P you shouldn't be using more then 8gb, even if your playing highly modded games. If you want a bit more performance then I'd recommend overclocking your CPU & GPU.

Anyways SLI support is pretty poor nowadays, I highly doubt that you'll see much of a performance increase, especially at that resolution.

Solution
You will win synthetic benchmarks by adding a second GTX1080 in sli.
But gameplay will be better with a good single card.
dual gpu is prone to stuttering, screen tearing and non support in some games.
You would do better selling the GTX1080 and replacing it with a GTX1080ti if you need a bit more now.
There are stronger cards coming if you can wait perhaps 6 months.

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador

Exactly. He has a 1080p/60Hz monitor (http://www.benq.us/download/file/2886), & can only reach 75Hz by dropping down to lower resolutions (& even then, we're talking non-16:9 ratio resolutions). Unless he's playing Ashes of the Singularity, or maybe using a superscaling option, a single GTX 1080 is overkill.